Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2004, 09:33 AM   #31
So So
Zhentarim Guard

It may be just me, but when I encountered the lilies I found them to be slightly easier to put up with than the Mantraps...I guess it was because of the fact that I was at a higher level and stuff...

Yep...mantraps spawn randomly...I was walking around the other day and I came across a mantrap...And all I have to say is God Bless save files....
Old 04-28-2004, 04:14 PM   #32
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

LOL! The salads of the Gael Serran are the stuff nightmares are born from...

They are easier when you get to higher levels because your... will, I think, makes you more resistant to magic. So by the time you get further on, your will is much higher and they have less effect.

Doesn't make you feel good when you're staring them nose-to-frond outside Shurugeon Castle, but there is hope later [img]smile.gif[/img]

There is one more fixed place for Jungle Lilies. When you get there, you'll be boogre-snookered. [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 09:53 AM   #33
So So
Zhentarim Guard

Ahh...but the fixed lily place has a very good feature...You can sneak up on them! If done correctly you can place quite a few hits before they come out of their frozen position and realize you're there! ...sometimes they realize when its too late tho... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 04-29-2004, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: So So ]
Old 05-02-2004, 05:56 PM   #34
Veronique
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello my friends..
I got stuck badly in boogers caves.. I am in the room, where u have to place sticks, so u can jump out. I could make it to the first tunnel and got to the cyclop, but on my way back, I found out, that I am not able to get two sticks out of the wall - they are too high.. I spent about half an hour jumping like a an idiot and I am desperate now.. I have just one stick and need to place two others to open the way out of the dungeon, otherwise I am trapped..these two are just opposite each other, one on the entrance side, the other on the second side vertical to the leaving tunnel.
Hope uŽll be able to help me..
Veronique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 08:11 PM   #35
bsftcs
Red Dragon

In fact you do not need the sticks. If you stand directly below the exit you want to jump to, look straight up, press forward, and start jumping, you should be able to make it. In any case: Once one of the slabs below one of the exits is out, you should be able to jump from that.

If that does not work you will have to resort to plan B:

There are a total of four sticks which you can acquire. In chapters fifteen, sixteen, and seventeen of this forum's unofficial walkthrough of the game called Stackman's Adventures you can see where Stackman's party found all four sticks. In chapter seventeen there are also two links to other forum topics where solutions to the stick puzzle can be found.

I must warn you that the Stackman story contains other spoilers as well. I hope you find it useful. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-02-2004, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 05-03-2004, 03:25 AM   #36
Radek
Red Dragon

The method mentioned by Bsftcs is the best. It can be even improved by adding running. Therefore:
1. Throw away those senseless wooden sticks.
2. Position your party below the exit as close to the wall as possible.
3. Look up.
4. Press "forward" and "run" and keep them.
5. Press "jump" repeatedly.
You should be up in a moment. The "jump-run" method works at both exits.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:43 AM   #37
Veronique
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It works!! [img]smile.gif[/img] You are realy great, people I just need a page like this for a real life. I would go there, write down my problems I have at work, at school, with love, money etc and somebody would answer me a few minutes later "dont care about that, just keep on jumping" and it would work!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2004, 05:09 PM   #38
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

We've got one of those, too. It's called the General Discussions forum, aka GD. But be warned there -- some folks have strange interpretations of just how to solve life's problems... [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Old 05-11-2004, 03:42 PM   #39
Veronique
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello, I need your help again.
First: How to catch the leprechuan?
And the second problem I have with the sphynx in front of the shnine. I know, that the answer is "shadow", but when I reply, the monster starts to attack me.
Thanks for help
Old 05-11-2004, 10:09 PM   #40
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Help is forthcoming... and the first piece is that if you have a new question, you are more than welcome to start a new thread [img]smile.gif[/img] Ziroc has never charged for new posts.

Second, the leprechaun is a crafty little bugger. I find that incinerate is a lovely little spell for him, and flamedrop can be quite useful as well.

Third, catching the leprechaun will not get you what you want. You need to find his treasure, not him. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Fourth, the answers don't always matter. I think I've had to kill the sphinx in every game I've played... she represents a nice number of XP that will help almost everyone to raise a level or two.

Of course, are you in talk mode when you answer? That is important, IIRC.
-+-+-+