Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-13-2001, 12:58 PM   #11
andrewas
Harper

Bg2 is the best. other games?

well i enjoyed system shock, shock 2.

daggerfall seems good but its just so unwieldy with its combat system. Elder Scrolls 3 could shoot all these out of the water tho.

FF6 was okay, but half way thru, just after you think youve one, they screw up the planet, scatter your chars across the planet, and kill your airship. an d i never rally got back into the swing of things

FF7 was excellent - and i speak as someone who has bred a gold chocobo, beat Ultima, Ruby and Emerald Weapon, achieved level 99, found every sword and summoning materia, etc etc.

FF8+ i never really got into.

Diablo and Diablo 2 are good in small doses, but to repetitive in the end.

Old 10-13-2001, 11:50 PM   #12
Greystone
The Magister

Favorite game of my extensive gaming career: Wizardry 7. This game ate more of my time than I care to remember, had excellent character development (Ninjas completely rock!) and was an all-around cool game.

Other notable mentions: Might & Magic 4/5/6, Heroes of Might & Magic 1/2/3, Wizards & Warriors, Diablo 1/2, Warcraft 1/2. In addition, I have been a big fan of the Final Fantasy series ever since the first one for the original Nintendo system.

--Greystone

[This message has been edited by Greystone (edited 10-13-2001).]
Old 10-15-2001, 02:22 PM   #13
Darth Bob
Drow Warrior

I must vouch for all (excpet Torment, BLEECCH!) Daggerfall, Fallout both are very exellatn games, Fallout 2 as well. But I must in the end, allways go to Daggerfall when I know not what to do. It is simply, an awsome game, 100% open ended, you dont even need to do the main quest if you want! *Sigh* I cant wait for Morrowwind......... That will surpass ALL the BG's combined, and NWN, easily. Now if you dont allready own Daggerfall, you are yet to be considered a "real" role-player, so go out and get it, NOW! You will not be dissapointed.
Old 10-15-2001, 07:32 PM   #14
andrewas
Harper

caine, in a perfect worls daggrefall would work right and i would agree with you. but its not a perfect world,. it does rain whenever i go out the door, and daggerfall keeps crashing on me, and that combat system just give me a headache.
Old 10-16-2001, 06:30 AM   #15
Archon Devangilous
The Magister

Legend of the Ancient Dragon

its one of the $20 classics you buy the visual aint the greatest but its extremley addictive. Its a turn based style fighting and the level ups and equipment available makes it an extremley fun game to play. It is fairly linear but takes enough hrs of game play to finish as there is heaps to do and its impossible to get past some bosses without working your levels up.
Old 10-16-2001, 06:33 AM   #16
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Bob:
I must vouch for all (excpet Torment, BLEECCH!) Daggerfall, Fallout both are very exellatn games, Fallout 2 as well. But I must in the end, allways go to Daggerfall when I know not what to do. It is simply, an awsome game, 100% open ended, you dont even need to do the main quest if you want! *Sigh* I cant wait for Morrowwind......... That will surpass ALL the BG's combined, and NWN, easily. Now if you dont allready own Daggerfall, you are yet to be considered a "real" role-player, so go out and get it, NOW! You will not be dissapointed.
Why don't you like Torment?

Old 10-16-2001, 08:53 AM   #17
starloc
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I would have to say any of the Ultima games (1-5?) except the newer ones where you have to go solo. Ultima had awesome world graphics and pretty cool enemies (gargoyles anyone?) Also, the loot in these games was the coolest, there was tons of it and many different varieties.
Old 10-19-2001, 08:02 AM   #18
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Phantasy Star 4.

------------------
"Not for your eyes only, also for your beautiful ears.."

Yngwie J. Amadeus Zoltan "Diamond Fighter of Aerie Lovers Sacred Band"
Old 10-19-2001, 11:47 AM   #19
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:
FF8+ i never really got into.
FF8 is a totally stunning game! I also loved FF7 best among all RPG's I've played and couldn't compare it to BG2 (although I love both for different reasons. I remember the endless nights fighting those pesky sandworms trying to reach level 99 and beating the game with EVERYTHING completed.

FF8 on the other hand though, I now have to put on top of FF7. Problem is it takes too too long into the game to realise what you are fighting for and why but once in the end I have to say that I have never been as impressed with a video game as with FF8. Oh and if you like a challenge try finishing it. I won't get into detail but the final fight in that game is so damn hard and takes so long that if I never play the game through to the end again, it will be the reason for it. Maybe it was just me, but I think that they went to great lengths to make the game impossible to finish. The end sure pays off though with one of the most stunning FMV's I've ever seen!

Legend of Dragoon is also one I couldn't get enough of (although it is a playstation title alone). A truly amazing game that didn't seem to get as much credit as it deserved.

[This message has been edited by Bokken (edited 10-19-2001).]
Old 10-19-2001, 11:59 AM   #20
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Bob:
I must vouch for all (excpet Torment, BLEECCH!)
how far into Torment did you get? I hated it until i managed to get out of the begining and figure out what was going on in the game... and yes Torment gets my vote for best, then comes Secret of Mana for the Super NES, awesome game, great storyline, more realistic feeling combat than many of the final fantasy games (also excellent IMHO )

------------------
toss the dice