Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2001, 03:12 AM   #1
Dragonrat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

this is really strange.. I'm at the part where I have tree surfed over to the Isle of Sands to look for some living seeds from the bad tree dudes.. first of all, I haven't seen any yet, and second of all, I run into all kinds of other monsters (centaurs, jungle lilies, etc.) and have no problem, but whenever I run into a group of sand crawlers, for some reason during the fight my game totally freezes up. This only happens with the sand crawlers, so I've tried running from them, but they end up trapping me cause I'm trying to find some tree things at the same time. Any suggestions?
Dragonrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2001, 12:00 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

A very strange problem, Dragonrat.

Have you tried offing the sandcrawlers from a distance and this happens too??
Have you tried casting Vanish on them which will make them teleport away from you? Are you running the patch?

You might want to cross post this to the Saz's techie help desk too. I have no real idea what may be causing this problem, but it is odd.

Another possibility would be to copy off your gamexx.sav and roster.dat files to another place on your hard drive, uninstall and reinstall. I'd check with the techies before doing this though.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 05:29 AM   #3
Radek
Red Dragon

I think Dragonrat is an extremely lucky guy which met the game freezes in Brimloch Roon for the first time. The game freezes all the time. The freezes are total: I must always press the reset button on my computer... Save. Save. Save.
What is weird is that the Dragonrat's freezes are related to a particular monster (sand crawler). I've never had any problems with them. Low memory? Out of resources? Slow video? The cravlers are big. I recommend to try one crawler after another. Try "vanish" all of them except one, then take another and so on. Try switch the video to the software mode. Check resources, disk space, and available memory.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote