Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-09-2001, 02:28 PM   #1
hagimihale
Manshoon

logistics question here. Since the Crom Faeyr gives you 25 strength (with unreal tohit and damage bonuses) isnt it best to dual wield this with something else? Trying to figure out how to best maximize my party in melee combat.

I currently have Anomen wielding the Crom and may dual wield with the Flail of Ages. Also have the Improved Mace of Disruption.

Assuming I keep Minsc over Valygar, he'll dual wield Celestial Fury and Daystar.

Keldorn has Carsomyr.

Jaheira uses Belm (+2 Scimitar of speed) or one of the clubs (Gnasher or the +3 acid club).

Wonderering (here at work right now, can't test it out) if I'd be better off having Jaheira dual wield Crom with something, since Anomen already has 18/50+ strength. Jaheira attacks as an 11th level fighter, while Anomen is 13th level cleric.

I know I can always go and use Shadowkeeper to "change" proficiencies but I want to avoid that if I can. Any thoughts?
Old 10-09-2001, 02:41 PM   #2
Cleric 2
Manshoon

she can't use warhammers.
Old 10-09-2001, 02:44 PM   #3
Darth Bob
Drow Warrior

well, I like (if I dont need AC) to duel weild the Crom and FotA +5(ToB only)but mace of disruption and the others you mentioned also work well. Any of those ideas could work well, my adivce, try out diffrant things and experement see what works best.
Old 10-09-2001, 02:50 PM   #4
frudi_x
Drow Warrior

IMO the best two weapons to dual-wield with Crom Faeyr are Celestial Fury or Flail of Ages. in any case Crom Faeyr should be used in the off hand.
Old 10-09-2001, 03:54 PM   #5
hagimihale
Manshoon

any particular reason why you'd put the Crom Faeyr in the off hand?
Old 10-09-2001, 06:04 PM   #6
frudi_x
Drow Warrior

ehm, because it's only purpose is to give you the 25 STR Celestial Fury and Flail of Ages on the other hand have special abilities like stunning or slowing an oponent and also do more damage per hit than Crom Faeyr.
and since more attacks are made with the main hand than with the off-hand, it's only logical to conclude that a weapon like Celestial Fury or Flail of Ages should be used in the main hand when dual-wielding with Crom.
Old 10-09-2001, 10:04 PM   #7
deathknight
Drow Warrior

I agree totaly. Crom Faeyr is MADE for being offhanded. the 25 strength is the only reason you want it. Its combat bonuses are really not that great so its just a really good magical hammer aside from the strength. In your main hand a weapon with good combat bonuses is what you want (celestial furies stun and Flail of the ages slow are my 2 favorite affects. Personally I think there is alot of good swords so I like to give the flail and the hammer to a cleric and give the swords to the fighters)