Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-23-2003, 08:35 PM   #11
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:
The New York Supreme Court found today that if men can go topless and not be arrested then women can, too. This decision was the result of a woman being arrested for going topless at Coney Island. The woman is also receiving $10,000 in damages.

Sauce for the goose?
God Bless America, My Home Sweet Home...

I love this country. *Note to self, go to New York on next Spring Break*
Old 04-23-2003, 09:59 PM   #12
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Sounds good...

Old 04-23-2003, 10:06 PM   #13
The Lilarcor
Elminster

I think allowing women to go topless is basically the equivilant of allowing men to wear no pants or forms of underwear in public, but then again, I'm not complaining.
Old 04-23-2003, 10:10 PM   #14
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Breasts may not be a sex organ, per se, but they are obviously considered a sexual part of a woman's anatomy by men, c'mon, men don't look at a naked woman's breast and think of just babies and nursing LOL!!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 04-23-2003, 10:25 PM   #15
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by The Lilarcor:
I think allowing women to go topless is basically the equivilant of allowing men to wear no pants or forms of underwear in public, but then again, I'm not complaining.
I repeat: breasts are not genetalia.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Zeke:

Breasts may not be a sex organ, per se, but they are obviously considered a sexual part of a woman's anatomy by men, c'mon, men don't look at a naked woman's breast and think of just babies and nursing LOL!! [/QB]
I know, Wendy, but they aren't in all societies. Of course I get riled up over the subject of nuring in public too. [img]smile.gif[/img]
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 04-23-2003, 10:37 PM   #16
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Of course this only works if one is young and one of the beautiful people. It would be cruel and unusual punishment if I walked around topless (old male).
Old 04-23-2003, 10:40 PM   #17
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

True, that type of thing is the "norm" in other societies, all NOT the U.S. LOL. I just fear because of that, if a woman decided to just walk the New York streets topless, she'd be inviting perverts and rapists into her life.

You said:

"Of course I get riled up over the subject of nuring in public too."

I never said I had a problem with anyone nursing in public (I only say that because of your "too" at the end of that sentence, but you may have just been talking about your feelings re the subject, doh, can't tell! my apologies if I am misunderstanding) I feel if a mother can do it in private, it really would be best, but if a baby is hungry and has to eat, and she is somewhere with no private place to go, she of course has to feed her baby, and nobody should toss scorn upon her. Tis a whole different scenario. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-23-2003, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 04-23-2003, 11:35 PM   #18
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:
The New York Supreme Court found today that if men can go topless and not be arrested then women can, too. This decision was the result of a woman being arrested for going topless at Coney Island. The woman is also receiving $10,000 in damages.

Sauce for the goose?
People have always been able to do this in Sydney...though they're mostly around the beaches (Bondi, Narrabeen, Manly, etc). I don't think people even really notice it. Well, they do, but they don't, if you know what I mean.

Old 04-24-2003, 12:37 AM   #19
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by T/-/alali:
Thats pretty odd though. What if a little kid saw a woman wondering around New York topless. What would he think? It's just going to make kids preverted at a younger age. Isn't it?
He would most likely think 'Lunch!' [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2003, 12:40 AM   #20
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
God Bless America, My Home Sweet Home...

I love this country. *Note to self, go to New York on next Spring Break* [/QB]
lol, I was already planning a trip to NYC with my girlfriend (she is from there). Now I can't wait