Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-16-2002, 01:13 PM   #11
Elif Godson
Dracolich

sorry y'all, sitting pretty at 60 something here, bright warm sunshine and a lite breeze. It's all good [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2002, 01:32 PM   #12
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Sorry, LOLly Willowes the Ninth, it is 67 degrees and sunny, here. I drove home from work for lunch with the windows down in the Suburban. Whee! How are you all?
Old 12-16-2002, 01:36 PM   #13
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
MagiK... [img]tongue.gif[/img] Tell us about your lady love....what's her Christmas gift going to be...or should we not ask that in public?
Well Cloudy, I will let you use your imagination about the non-public gifts I intend to shower my love with. The public ones however I Can share. Maybe you all can even give suggestions.

My dilema was that Colleen is from an economic income level a step or 5 higher than mine. She really has pretty much everything she could want. So I settled on the following. A christmas Flower Arrangement from FTD online. to be delivered December 24th, a Bottle of a decent Merlow (sp?) which I will have to ask for help picking out and a beautiful christmas card that I picked out, stuffed with business card sized certificates that I am making on my color printer here at work. Each certificate is redeamable for goods, acts or services. Here is the list I have so far.

Certificate #1 is good for a 1 hour hot oil full body massage.

Certificate #2 is good for 1 automatic argument win, just present it to me and I promise to drop the issue and go with your judgement.

Certificate #3 is good for 1 automatic argument win. I repeated on this because I can be such a contentious SOB.

Certificate #4 is good for one breakfast in bed.

Certificate #5 is good for 1 unspecified act to be performed in the middle of the night.

Certificate #6 is good for attendance of 1 chick flick, play, movie or performance of such type as most men would not be caught dead in.

Certificate #7 is redeamable for .....

Well thats all I have so far. Input is welcome for additional certificates.

[ 12-16-2002, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 12-16-2002, 02:15 PM   #14
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Wow, Magik! You've not only mellowed...you're turning into one heck of a great bf! I'd love a gift like that! Well, actually, I got something like it for my birthday, only I can't divulge the contents of my coupons in PG13 company. LOL Seriously, that sounds like a wonderful gift! Offer to do her laundry or take her shopping and I'm betting she'll melt!
Old 12-16-2002, 02:21 PM   #15
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Doing the dishes and vaccuuming are also great ways to pick up husband points, which ar only worth 1/10 boyfriend points.
Old 12-16-2002, 02:23 PM   #16
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Those sound like wonderful ideas, sounds like you should have a winner there. Gifts from the heart are always best. I like to do that for my wife during these holidays, find one thing she remineses(sp?) about and see if I can find it for her. She has been talking about about this terry cloth type pajama set she had when she was young, you know the kind with the buttons on the back so you can keep your leggings up so ye dont get to cold, been having a hum dinger of a time finding a set though. Soft and cottony with red and white stripes. Any idea's ?
Old 12-16-2002, 02:23 PM   #17
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Oooohhh, MagikMan! I want some of that!

One Christmas I presented a 'bag of IOUs'. They comprised of blue, red and white chips. If a blue chip was drawn, then he got whatever he wanted (or wanted to do), a red chip was my choice and white was the wild card. Needless to say, it was a gift that just kept on giving! *innocent look*
Old 12-16-2002, 02:26 PM   #18
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Elif Godson:
She has been talking about about this terry cloth type pajama set she had when she was young, you know the kind with the buttons on the back so you can keep your leggings up so ye dont get to cold, been having a hum dinger of a time finding a set though. Soft and cottony with red and white stripes. Any idea's ?
Try the L.L. Bean Catalogue or the Voice of the Mountains, Elif.
Old 12-16-2002, 02:32 PM   #19
Elif Godson
Dracolich

will do Attalus Thanks
Old 12-16-2002, 02:39 PM   #20
MagiK

Elif: Try here http://shop.store.yahoo.com/pajamagr...-pajamas.html.

Thanks for all the idea guys and gals [img]smile.gif[/img] But at this stage we are doing most of the "chore" type things together. I also can't imagine either of us going grocery shopping alone. We are both so picky we need to go along just out of necessity [img]smile.gif[/img]