Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-30-2004, 11:16 AM   #11
Elif Godson
Dracolich

wow, 13 years. who wants to live forever will always be in my top fav's. Maybe because it was in the Highlander movie or maybe it just touched a chord with the inner me That was also around the time my girl friend was dying from cancer, that may have something to do with it as well.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:35 PM   #12
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
quote:
Originally posted by uss:
Innuendo(I wonder why that one never got popular?)
What makes you think it wasn't? Just because you were too small to notice, doesn't mean it was never a hit. [/QUOTE]I'm not judging from the time when Queen was active(since I wasn't even born yet) but rather the present - I had heard the songs Bohemian Rhapsody, We are the Champions, We Will Rock You, I Want To Be Free, Radio Ga Ga, Princes of the Universe and some others before I started listening to Queen whereas I heard Innuendo for the first time. As you can see, this opinion came from a personal experience so I might be wrong. Feel free to disagree.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:56 PM   #13
uss
20th Level Warrior

Mercury wrote some very cool lyrics in his time. Bohemian Rhapsody had a nice point. The lyrics of Bicycle Race and Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon were funny.

But my favourite lyrics are still Innuendo's..

While the sun hangs in the sky and the desert has sand
While the waves crash in the sea and meet the land
While there's a wind and the stars and the rainbow
'Till the mountains crumble into the plain

Oh yes we'll keep on tryin'
Tread that fine line
Oh we'll keep on tryin yeah
Just passing our time

While we live according to race, colour or creed
While we rule by blind madness and pure greed
Our lives dictated by tradition, superstition, false religion
Through the eons, and on and on

Oh yes we'll keep on tryin'
We'll tread that fine line
Oh oh we'll keep on tryin'
'Till the end of time
'Till the end of time

Through the sorrow all through our splendour
Don't take offence at my innuendo

You can be anything you want to be
Just turn yourself into anything you think that you could
ever be
Be free with your tempo be free be free
Surrender your ego be free be free to yourself

Oooh ooh
If there's a God or any kind of justice under the sky
If there's a point if there's a reason to live or die
If there's an answer to the questions we feel bad to ask
Show yourself - destroy our fears - release your mask

Oh yes we'll keep on trying
Hey tread that fine line
Yeah we'll keep on smiling yeah (yeah yeah)
And whatever will be will be
We'll keep on trying
We'll just keep on trying
'Till the end of time
'Till the end of time
'Till the end of time
Old 12-03-2004, 01:34 AM   #14
Landon Contressior
Dungeon Master

I personaly think that Randy Rhoads was Best Legendary Being to come for the 20th centery, but to each his own i guess. My favorite Queen songs are, Some Kind Of Magic, Killer Queen, Bicycle Race, I Want It All, and The Show Must Go On. And Inuendo was a Hit, it was on the greatest hits album as a matter of a fact. Disc One. [img]smile.gif[/img] Just a bit of a Queen Fan here. R.I.P. Freddie Mercury.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:02 AM   #15
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
As you can see, this opinion came from a personal experience so I might be wrong. Feel free to disagree.
I will then, thanks.
How can you say whether something is popular or not based on your opinion of your own experiences? There are several ways to objectively measure a song's popularity, your personal experience doesn't come into it. You said it "never" became very popular but were not including when Queen actually brought out the song. That's a bit silly if you ask me.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:16 AM   #16
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Landon Contressior:
And Inuendo was a Hit, it was on the greatest hits album as a matter of a fact. Disc One. [img]smile.gif[/img] Just a bit of a Queen Fan here. R.I.P. Freddie Mercury.
Ok, I take my words back, Innuendo probably was popular but it isn't that popular anymore - not as popular as some other Queen songs, that is.

By the way, I've got the Queen Greatest Hits album right here, and here Innuendo is the sixth song of disc two. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Which reminds me that when asked for an album that is a bit more 'disco', the girl with the Queen albums suggested an album and said without looking at the song names: "The first and second songs are disco, the third song isn't, the fourth one is slightly disco, the fifth one isn't, the sixth one is definitely disco.." up to the last song on the album! I think she had every Queen album - really makes you wonder how much she has listened to them, eh?
Old 12-03-2004, 03:23 AM   #17
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

How can you say whether something is popular or not based on your opinion of your own experiences? There are several ways to objectively measure a song's popularity, your personal experience doesn't come into it. You said it "never" became very popular but were not including when Queen actually brought out the song. That's a bit silly if you ask me.
Yes, well, it doesn't seem to be popular anymore, so I guess that what I was talking about.

How to objectively measure a song's popularity then if not by how many times you've heard it from "mainstream" radio stations?
Old 12-03-2004, 08:42 AM   #18
coyote696
The Magister

I think that Queen ruled in the 70's and 80's. they hadd too many good / great songs for me to list my favorites here.

****** AFTER THOUGHT*******
I remember when I was a teenager and growing up. We chose our music and rebelled against our parents... now the kids are listening to what we did........ LOL

[ 12-03-2004, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: coyote696 ]