Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-12-2004, 11:23 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Don't worry YET, they caught it real early, so the chances are they can get it out with no problems.

BUT, what I wanted to ask some of you that may know about all the treatments, or know someone that had treatments, maybe you could post here with the good and the bad of each treatment. I know they have a new treatment called crystalization or something, where they cool the area to remove it. He's 58 too. They did like 12 'regions' and only 1 came up as cancerous.

Let me know here, or in PM or email please.

Thanks!!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 01-12-2004, 12:07 PM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Oh dear! Well, I'll add him to my prayers, Dan. I don't know much about treatments but I knew a gentleman who had it and they cleared it up for him (he was in his late 70's or early 80's) and lived several years beyond that without any problems in that respect.

It is so good they caught it early in your wife's dad! Hopefully they can really treat it aggressively and he'll be good as new!
Old 01-12-2004, 01:44 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I am only aware of a prevention method...In my health class, the teacher said that freqent sexual activity highly reduces the chance of prostate cancer for men. I do not know if it is too late for that, but it'd be fun to at least try.
Old 01-12-2004, 02:55 PM   #4
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Letter

Sorry to hear that, I am not aware of anyone that had prostate cancer however. I do know some relatives that had Brest Cancer .

[ 01-12-2004, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 01-12-2004, 08:56 PM   #5
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

My dad had prostate cancer. It was pretty scary to me, but he got through it just fine, as, I am sure, your father-in-law will.
I remember when my dad was in the hospital recovering and we went to visit him. He was a bit groggy and had access to morphine for the pain. My mom and I were sitting with him when he closed his eyes and said "I'll take the red one". My mom and I looked at each other questioningly and asked him what he was talking about. He opened his eyes and said "oh, I was just at the mall, buying a sweater". We had a good laugh at that, even though my dad seemed a bit confused. We look back on the whole ordeal with humour now.
Please pass along my best wishes.
[img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2004, 07:41 AM   #6
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Z,
My grandfather has prostate cancer. The doctors told him that it is a very slow moving cancer (unlike others), so the rate of survival is much higher, and in my grandfather's case (he's in his mid 70's) they told him he'd likely die from something else before the cancer would ever get bad enough to kill him.
Glad to hear they caught it though. As always, the sooner the better his chances of a full recovery.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:21 AM   #7
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Hey bud, my dad had prostate cancer about 7 years back. He was in and out quickly, and if I remember the follow up treatments were short and sweet. I was really worried when he said he had cancer, I had just lost my girl friend to cancer a few years before it so when he told me he had it I just froze. But he went through it with a grin and simply said I will beat it, and he did, at least that form of it. But Prostate cancer is the easy one of the bunch when caught in the early phases. If let run it can get into the limphnodes and all those nice places that you pray you never have anything wrong. heh I think I lost my tract of thought here.

Simply put just relax, there is a slew of information on new treatments out there, check Moffit(sp) Cancer center's site, there here in Tampa by USF, so kind of local. Good luck and God bless
Old 01-13-2004, 04:01 PM   #8
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Sorry to hear that! Good luck! Let [img]graemlins/choc.gif[/img] to him... he will make him feel better.