Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2002, 03:31 PM   #1
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Help!
I've gone to Babelfish and those such sites and got as many different language translations as possible, but there's a few I didn't get.
(Trans from english word Enter BTW)

I have: French, Spanish, Portugese, Norwegian, German, Dutch and Italian.
Could anyone provide some more??
I'm not only looking for these ones, but does anyone know:

Any of the other European translations
Russian
And any other thatyou could.

If you do it would be muchly appreciated.

hopeful "cheers" in advance.
Old 05-02-2002, 04:42 PM   #2
Talthyr Malkaviel

In fact, now that I think of it, I've found several words for 'enter' in a Turkish-English dictionary, but I am unsure which is correct.
Again, any help will be very much appreciated.

[ 05-02-2002, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Talthyr Malkaviel ]
Old 05-02-2002, 04:57 PM   #3
uss
20th Level Warrior

now, i know your gonna laugh yourself silly because im about to tell you that word in Estonia.
ok,
entering-sisenema
enter(like "you will enter")- "sisene" or "mine sisse"("sisenege" when plural,also "minge sisse")
mine sisse is actually "go inside" but it has da same meaning, doesnt it [img]smile.gif[/img] ?
Old 05-02-2002, 05:01 PM   #4
Talthyr Malkaviel

Thanks!! I remembered you were from there and I was going to ask actually.
I want to find as many different ones as possible.
Old 05-02-2002, 05:02 PM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Those translation programs are never 100% reliable. I have tested them, knowing Spanish, and have not been impressed with how it works. It is not up to date with current "today's buzz-words" nor does it fully understand phrases to place them together correctly.
This is just a friendly warning, incase your life ever depended on a translation program.

Cheers!
Old 05-02-2002, 05:07 PM   #6
Talthyr Malkaviel

Thanks for the warning Larry, these places are almost infamous for making weird phrases, but I figured it should be fine with just the word 'enter.'
And according to the languages I did already know, it's been right so far.
But anyway, I'd find human input more reliable, and it ddidn't have many choices.
Old 05-02-2002, 05:14 PM   #7
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
em, dont take my word for it but I believe the russian wrod for enter is somthing along the lines of "Ehtep" I think you may want some one elses opoinon though.
Old 05-02-2002, 07:50 PM   #8
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

LOL i once tried using babbel fish to try and translate a Japanese ite... here's wha tI got:

ˇMuch Happines in Get Happy Come on Round 4 of event. Special event happening on fith of tuesday next year. Objective seen as getting much item called chocolate from first represenative of the sisters three chef. Second represenative ask order tally query. Query order power represents: Had Bokolateu, Bar Chokolateu, Phantasystaronrine, final objective query mold mix shape cool GO. Wai! Phantasystaronrine last represenative gift wrap. Recieve gift give gift to freind, lover, relative, pet, ect... Much Enjoy! Only Woman.

O_O... her'es how I read the site:

"On Valentines Day We're having a Special PhantasyStar Online Event. First you go to the three cake sisters. The first sister gives you a block of chocolate. The next sister asks you what to do. Melt the chocolate, mold the chocolate, then cool the chocolate, its not that hard. Now after that Go tot he last cake sister. She'll wrap the chocolate and you've got a gift to give to your sweetheart! Valentine's Day Chocolate, a Special item to take up the inventory of a special someone... better get some Chocolate mules ready... OH and this quest is only for the ladies!"
Old 05-03-2002, 01:35 AM   #9
Alexander
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
em, dont take my word for it but I believe the russian wrod for enter is somthing along the lines of "Ehtep" I think you may want some one elses opoinon though.
That's because the Cyrillic "P" is the Roman "R", and the Cyrillic "H" is the Roman "N". Of course, it all looks capitalized, so it would look something like "EHTEP" (providing that it's the exact same word and spelling in Russian).

It helps to know a little Russian.
Old 05-03-2002, 02:56 AM   #10
Neb
Account deleted by Request

If you need help with russian, perhaps you should PM Encard, he seems to know something of that language.