Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-08-2004, 03:22 PM   #21
Stratos
Vampire

Red Bull have a so-so taste. It works with vodka (what doesn't ), but it's not something I buy on a regular basis. I try to stay away from any soda-tasting drinks; you'll get drunk before you know it.
Old 02-08-2004, 06:35 PM   #22
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord:
From what I just read from Epona, I don't see how this drink is still out. Wasn't it recalled from stores a few years ago? It doesn't sound like it should have been brought back.
If you read my post properly, you'll see that I reckon it's not dangerous for most people. If your logic is that if it's not good for you then it should be banned, then so should alcohol, caffeine, sweets, cakes, and mcdonalds....
Old 02-08-2004, 07:29 PM   #23
shadowspecter
The Magister

I tried one of those before, I heard it was suppose to give you wings...they lied...and I don't think it really rejuvinates(sp?) your energy...taste kinda werid also.
“Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.” <br />-Mark Twain<br /><br />“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?” <br />-Scott Adams
Old 02-08-2004, 07:32 PM   #24
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
Red bull is amazing, I'm addicted to the stuff!

The taste is initially offending but it grows on you...like those odd pieces of choclate left in those novelty collection of chocolates and sweets (Cadbury Roses and the like), they're not your first choice, after a while you begin to favour them!

...Anyway Red Bull is brilliant on its own, but even better when mixed with Henesee (sp?) forming the mighty "Crunk juice". They should rename Red bull "Concentraion in a can!"...despite the obvious impractical issues.

Red Bull...love it! Just don't drink 10+ at a time!
Yes, finally another person that belives in the power of the BULL.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:59 PM   #25
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I tried it once a month or two ago. Ack was too sweet and about halfway through the can it just got worse. I felt tired the rest of the day too so one can didn't give me any wings LOL, and I kept burping it for hours afterwards LOL. So if it requires several cans to get said wings, I just could never do it myself.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 02-09-2004, 09:25 AM   #26
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
Red bull is amazing, I'm addicted to the stuff!

The taste is initially offending but it grows on you...like those odd pieces of choclate left in those novelty collection of chocolates and sweets (Cadbury Roses and the like), they're not your first choice, after a while you begin to favour them!
yes caffiene is addictive

i agree that this is a bad drink, but if it is given adaquate warnings i see no reason for it not to be sold. I have drunk a few and i don't mind the taste, but that is really not often, the high cost and relative small can is another thing t consider.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:48 AM   #27
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

I tend to only drink it if I'm the designated driver, which only happens when I'm at home and out of London. I think its a bit like Marmite myself as far as the taste goes - a definate love it or hate it. Personally I love the taste but it really screws me up if I drink too much of it. As some of the members of the board are no doubt aware I'm a bit of a lightweight when it comes to alcohol, and the same applies to caffeine too...
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe