Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2002, 03:42 PM   #41
MagiK

Axil, okie doke and I also apologize for any improprieties I may have lobbed as well,

now in answer to your question (the one in the Sig)

War is good for many things, its good for the over throwing of oppressive and evil governments, its good for population control, its good for technological advance it has been good for oh so many things [img]smile.gif[/img] Alltho that song was awesome [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2002, 03:48 PM   #42
Axil
Dungeon Master

quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Axil, okie doke and I also apologize for any improprieties I may have lobbed as well,

War is good for many things, its good for the over throwing of oppressive and evil governments, its good for population control, its good for technological advance it has been good for oh so many things [img]smile.gif[/img] Alltho that song was awesome [img]smile.gif[/img]

very civil of you, I must say [img]smile.gif[/img]
Guess I just have a problem accepting that people actually have different opinions than me
And I might add that the reason for me going off, might have something to do that I realized I was gay ten years ago, and feel like I have to defend myself at every turn
And as for the war thing, don't even go there [img]tongue.gif[/img]
But I agree that the song is awesome..
Old 01-09-2002, 03:57 PM   #43
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Just a warning-- Keep this nice people, and NO personal attacks, or attacks on peoples views.

Play nice now..

I'm watching, Dan...I'm watching. Been watching since the beginning of the thread.

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 01-09-2002, 04:03 PM   #44
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

War is good for many things, its good for the over throwing of oppressive and evil governments, its good for population control...

...as is homosexuality. Perhaps in a kinder, gentler sense. It has been documented by sociological researchers, anthropologists, and writers (Margaret Mead for one, Thomas Wolfe for another) that whenever population surges beyond what is normal for a specific area, there is a rise in the number of instances of homosexuality. Perhaps it's Nature herself trying to balance out an imbalance...who knows?

I don't think we need to be so quick to condemn, in any case.

Cheers,
-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 01-09-2002, 04:17 PM   #45
fable
Quintesson

I wrote:

Sure. I'd draw the line at homosexual couples adopting children, though. I happen to feel that a good, psychologically balanced environment requires two parents of different genders, encompassing a variety of gender-delineated social functions. (That doesn't mean they have to follow traditional gender dilenations, but it's easier to include all of the social requirements if the parents include the social "rites" associated with both sexes.)

Axil inquires:

Do you feel as strongly as this, about single parents?

First, I don't feel passionately about denying adoption rights to same sex couples. I am inclined against it, but reserve the right to perform a complete votre-face if I can hear enough evidence to convince me otherwise. And I am always open to reconsidering any issue, and reversing myself. It's happened repeatedly before.

That said, I do feel that the cases of same sex adoption and single parenting are dissimilar. First and most important, because adoption isn't involved in single parenting, so that children would actually have to be removed from their birth environment. Second, because single parents may resume or assume another heterosexual marriage. Third, because single parenting implies an absence from the household, and is usually explained as such by the parent to the child, while same sex households are perceived by the parental units (a cold term) as the norm.
Old 01-09-2002, 04:22 PM   #46
Axil
Dungeon Master

quote:
Originally posted by fable:
I wrote:

Sure. I'd draw the line at homosexual couples adopting children, though. I happen to feel that a good, psychologically balanced environment requires two parents of different genders, encompassing a variety of gender-delineated social functions. (That doesn't mean they have to follow traditional gender dilenations, but it's easier to include all of the social requirements if the parents include the social "rites" associated with both sexes.)

Axil inquires:

Do you feel as strongly as this, about single parents?

First, I don't feel passionately about denying adoption rights to same sex couples. I am inclined against it, but reserve the right to perform a complete votre-face if I can hear enough evidence to convince me otherwise. And I am always open to reconsidering any issue, and reversing myself. It's happened repeatedly before.

That said, I do feel that the cases of same sex adoption and single parenting are dissimilar. First and most important, because adoption isn't involved in single parenting, so that children would actually have to be removed from their birth environment. Second, because single parents may resume or assume another heterosexual marriage. Third, because single parenting implies an absence from the household, and is usually explained as such by the parent to the child, while same sex households are perceived by the parental units (a cold term) as the norm.

I'm sorry about that, I misunderstood your post
Feel free to ignore it [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: Axil ]

Old 01-09-2002, 04:23 PM   #47
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

a union by two people's free choice, I dont see anything wrong with that.

and I dont see anything wrong with homosexuality except I am having hard time comprehending it. I will understand it in time, I think.

look, what if your sister turns out to be a lesbian? what if it is your MOTHER? it is common for a person to discover his/her true sexuality late. there are woman who didnt know she is lesibian until 30 or later than that, it is possible that she bears a child before hand. what if that child turns out to be you? will you go against your family?

and who is to say homosexual is a sin?

homosexual people are people too, you know? just what they want in life is a little different from you dont make them unacceptable.
Old 01-09-2002, 04:27 PM   #48
Axil
Dungeon Master

quote:
Originally posted by 250:

homosexual people are people too, you know? just what they want in life is a little different from you dont make them unacceptable.

True
And nighty-night, I'm going to bed
Old 01-09-2002, 04:39 PM   #49
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

Homosexuality...........
A hard one to dwell on?........
Yeah, I personally have no probelms against homosexuals but I have never met one. But what does it matter?
It's none of my business to judge others.
You think, think. Homeosexuality is unusual, but although in therory (To Roman Catholicism, which is my religion) it is wrong, that doesn't make it wrong. I can't see anywhere in the bible where it says "Don't be homosexual!". Someone tell me if you can.
Old 01-09-2002, 04:40 PM   #50
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

i have mixed feelings on this issue. i used to be COMPLETELY ant-homosexual. that is until i went to a club that was primarily homosexuals and bi-sexuals. now, i want to say that i was against ALL forms of it, includeing lesbianism and bi-sexuals. now im married to a bi-sexual, so there you go. however i still think it isn't natural to be homosexual. if those two guys or girls can have a child biologicaly without help, ie. artifitial means, then by all means it is ok. people were born with penises and vaginas respectively for ONE purpose. that purpose is procreation (spelling). mans survival depends on people having children. never once have i seen a gay or lesbian ANIMAL in the wild, zoo, or at someones home for that reason.

now, i dont have anything against them, i have friends (and a wife) who are homosexuals or bi-sexuals respectively. they ALL know my feelings and beliefs and respect me being open to them about it. one thing that pisses me off is when people are in a place that they know people DONT want to see homosexuality displayed, and yet they hold hands and kiss in front of people. i know it happens, but it isnt too excepted in alot of areas of the country. hell, i live in OREGON!! all i have to do is step outside to see it going on. and if i wanted to see it in large numbers, all i have to do is go to Eugene Oregon, where almost EVERYONE is bi or homo!! i swear, its "COOL" to be one of the two in college now. anyway, i just wanted to say that i except some aspects of it, and dont except other aspects of it. i understand that there is nothing that can be done about it, so i wont harp on the issue. most people deserve to be treated as people, so live and let live i say.

[img]graemlins/mage1.gif[/img]
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century