Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 01-25-2007, 02:15 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Spoilers for those that do not know what the Snowglobe Quest is.

I am looking for the Words of Power, and have come to that spot where the woman in town wants her snowglobe back from a guy that stole it, and he is imprisoned magically in a location found in the forest. In order to release him, I was supposed to go to the summoning room and summon a water elemental that would help him escape. However, I had already tried summoning the elemental prior to learning what the reason was for. I summoned it but then a couple monsters run into the room and my summoned elemental turned against me and fought alongside the other monsters, and I killed them all. When I learned about the reason I was to summon it, I went back to try again, but nothing happens. As a reminder, to summon it I use a Slaad tongue and a ring to cast acid arrows. However, when I tried again, the only thing that happened was that the water poofed and that was it.

My question is, do I have to have the Snowglobe quest complete before I can get a Word of Power, or can I get the Words without the help of the globe quest? The woman that wants it says that to bring her the globe would be to receive the supposed location of one of the Words. Can I locate the Words on my own without her help? I thought I read on the internet that the snowglobe is actually a portal to another realm where I can venture. Is that where the Word will be found? If not, then I am confused because there are only three areas to search for the three Words, and I have already found 1 in the Ruins...and that leaves Moonwood where the dragons and giants are and the Coldwood forest where I tried to do the Snowglobe quest. I would assume that each area holds one Word of Power. But I have searched everywhere else in that area and have found nothing except the uncompleted quest. (I left it to do later, and am now working in Coldwood until I can figure out what to do in that other area).

[ 01-25-2007, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 01-25-2007, 04:22 PM   #2
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Sadlym you do have to have the snowglobe to do the quest. Yu don't have to free tho guy to get it though, it is locked in a room of the place where you free him from, on a pedistal.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 04:28 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I thought I searched everywhere but there is a door that I cannot open, but I thought that I have to have a specific key for that. How do I finish this without freeing the guy? Is the snowglobe necessary for finding one of the Words?
Old 01-25-2007, 05:43 PM   #4
ZFR
Legion Symbol

You don't need a key for that door.

Try playing around with some "items" found in the room next to the door. Then read all the journals/notes found in the area for some hints. It's really quite easy.

If you just prefer the ready-made solution ask around here.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:34 PM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks guys...I'll give it a try right now.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 11:05 PM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Yay! Thanks guys, I had forgot about that little story of the dude having the dual with the witch and what became of her,,,thanks! I actually was able to finish the game just now! This is the first time I have beaten the original game, and now its time to start Shadows of Undrentide. I think I'll use my same char.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:55 PM   #7
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Be careful Larry, SOU was designed for level 1 characters. If you import your high level original character, it might ruin your fun. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:13 PM   #8
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
Be careful Larry, SOU was designed for level 1 characters. If you import your high level original character, it might ruin your fun. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Well I used a level 40 character on the original game, limited only to weapons and armor that I could legally find in the game progression, though my stats of a ranger/thief/shadow dancer gave me the ability to have a heck of a lot of fun hiding in shadows and sneaking up behind somebody and BAM! Dropping the fool and smiling as the rest of his friends rallied to come after me, only to stand there in bewilderment as I suddenly disappeared in front of them, only to reappear again behind them to go BAM! I am hoping to get the same degree of "fun" from this game. However, since HotU allows for up to level 40, I assume that by the time I get to the end of that expansion, I'll not be doing a lot of BAM'ing, and will actually have to reboot the game from time to time. I am merely wanting to "finish" the game so I can move on with life. Maybe after this, I'll go back and finish IWD2 or even Dungeon Siege!

[ 01-26-2007, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]