Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2005, 07:42 PM   #1
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Be Aware: This will contain spoiler information for those who have never played Shadows of Undrentide.

At the very close of the Interlude where Huerodis confronts you and then changes you to stone, when she disappears my game slows waaaaaaayyyyy down and never fully loads Chapter 2. I had to reboot my computer. So, I reloaded from my last save, went through the blah, blah, blah, and this time it went better... until the cut scenes, then it froze on me. Had to reboot again.

So I headed over to Bioware and they have a sticky about this very problem. It seems the good folks over at Bioware put something in their latest patch that has the game writing things randomnly, especially creating up some serious issues right at the end of the Interlude and the beginning of Chapter 2. Bioware has supposedly a 1.64 remedy but their instructions to me aren't very clear.

Anyone else run into this issue and if you resolved it could you please explain it to me in easy step by step instructions? For instance they say to back-up so and so executibles? I don't have the slightest idea how to do that. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

[ 01-19-2005, 12:29 AM: Message edited by: Albromor ]
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 07:31 AM   #2
Legolas
Jack Burton

I haven't tried it myself, but:

I believe this is what you're referring to.

In your NWN main folder, there is a file called nwserver.exe, and a file called nwmain.exe. Make a copy of both and rename these to nwserver_old.exe and nwmain_old.exe respectively.

Whenever you want to return to using the old ones, delete your current nwmain and nwserver, and give the other two files their original names back.

Considering it's Bioware, the most likely way of installing the patch is by putting the downloaded hotfix in your nwn main folder, starting the game as normal, and then selecting Update.

By the time they announce v1.66, you'll have to delete your nwmain.exe and your nwserver.exe files, and remove the _old bit from the back-up files' names.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 09:52 AM   #3
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Thanks Legolas, straight and to the point as well as being very clear.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 08:11 PM   #4
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

What a relief, I thought it was just me. Since I don't play the single player campaigns, I'm not gonna worry about it, but I sure thought I was gonna be reinstalling everything. Hopefully the 1.66 patch addresses this issue, in the meantime, back to the multiplay.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote