Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-10-2000, 12:44 AM   #1
Overton

I finally have beaten the game but i have a few questions.

1. I was trying to pursue a romance with Jaheria, but apparently something went wrong somewhere. Near the end of the game, she kept asking me how i felt about the last battle. No matter how i answered, she always asked me the same question a couple hours later. She did this all the way up the final battle. Does anyone have the details on the Jaheria Romance as far as what to say, what quests to do, etc...(i saved her from the bandits, stood by her when the Harpers threw down on us)

2. The hint book eludes to the fact that you can continue to adventure after you beat the game, but after i did, i got no option to continue adventuring, and no ability to save the game after irenicus goes down. Even Elasime says 'you guys must be eager to get back to exploring' or something like that. Can you continue?

3. How do you get behind the secret door in the sewers that takes you to the Mind Flayer lair? It keeps saying that this door is locked, and is warded against simple spells. The hint book says nothing about how to get through it.

4. Was anyone able to find that 'cache' that is mentioned on that parchment in the shade lord dungeon?

5. How do you complete the Kiram the palidin quest in the Graveyard? (The palidin who is ashamed because he allowed is adopted son to get killed?)

And one final note. The hint books states on the cover 'All secrets revealed' What a bunch of crap.

Anyway, thanks. Great game.

Old 11-10-2000, 01:02 PM   #2
Salty512

************SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
OK, I wish I could be more help but all I can really help out with is #5. After you talk to the paladin in the graveyard go to the southeast part of the district and speak with the priest. You should see a priest and a little girl standing together. Anyway, the priest tells you the little girl is an orphan and he's looking for a guardian for her. Tell the priest you know of one and go back and bounce the idea off of the paladin. The paladin will walk over to the priest and little girl, some dialogue ensues, and the paladin and little girl stride off into the sunset to live happily ever after. Talk to the priest again and you're done. BAM! Easy XP!!!

Old 11-10-2000, 01:18 PM   #3
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Okay I can help a little
WARNING SPOILER ALERT!! SPOILER ALERT!!

1. This sounds like a glitch of some sort. It sounds like you've done everything right so far. Maybe it's programmed to start at a certain point to encourage you along and you're taking a lot longer to get to the end.
2. No you can't continue unless you load up a game just before killing Irenicus and use the teleport cheat. But that of course is cheating. And nobody would ever dream of doing that to go back to things they missed. Oh no....
3. You get a sewer key off Tazok in Firrkraags dungeon
4. nope
5. what the other guy said
Old 11-11-2000, 02:26 AM   #4
rbranum

*SPOILER* *SPOILER* *SPOILER*

4. Yes, you have to be a ranger to finish this sub-quest. You become the ranger/protector of Umar Hills and get called back for various subquests to complete. One is to scare off some humans who are descrating the forest in search of 'something'. Turns out this something is the hidden cache of treasure on the world map portion of the Amanautor (sp?) temple. There's not much in there actually - some non-magic throwing weapons, a note, a mithril necklace (which you can graciously give to the human desecrators and earn major XPs), and some gold. There might have been a +1 weapon in there, but I forget. At the point I got there in the game, I was already loaded with +3 and +4 weapons. Anyways, hope this helps.

Old 11-11-2000, 06:29 PM   #5
Mustang
Welcomed New User

I've seen this question a number of times. Try sleeping outside BEFORE going to Chapter 7. I got the 'Last Fight' conversation in Chapter 7, but I don't think her thread works very well at this point. You have to Kill Dermin first before starting CH7. I went back to just before I started Ch7 and went and did a few more things. Then I slept outside and that brought Dermin in. We defeated his band, and then I got one more exellent conversation with Jaheira and now she has acknowledged that we are together. Anyone know if that is the last part? I tried the cheats to advance her plot timming and went to a number of differnt locations, but couldn't trigger anything else.