Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-20-2003, 05:08 PM   #1
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

I'm thinking about getting a game thing. Should I get an Xbox, PS2, or Gamecube?
Old 05-20-2003, 05:31 PM   #2
MagiK

Save your money and get something else. I have had a PS2 and now have an Xbox...and they just don't compare to PC games...just my [img]graemlins/twocents.gif[/img]

Old 05-20-2003, 05:34 PM   #3
Charlie
Lord Ao

I'd say don't get a Gamecube. You can spend hours and hours twisting and turning and trying to line up all the different colours. They always end up frustrating people.

No, my advice is get a computer games console.
[img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/england1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />One Love, Peace. [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/pissr.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/piss.gif\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 05-20-2003, 05:36 PM   #4
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Charlie:
I'd say don't get a Gamecube. You can spend hours and hours twisting and turning and trying to line up all the different colours. They always end up frustrating people.

No, my advice is get a computer games console.
Dude, I meant Nintendo Gamecube. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Why are Computer games better than PS2 or Xbox games?
Old 05-20-2003, 05:43 PM   #5
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Timber Loftis did a thread about this not long ago so you should do a search. I tried but couldn't find it . As for which console you should buy it's hard to say. What type of games do you like?

One thing I would say is don't get a PS2. I've lost all faith in Sony after the PS1. Mine broke FOUR times the first time it cost me nothing because it was in waranty but after that to fix it it cost about £60. Sony machines seem not to be able to withstand someone who plays it alot and I've heard similar stories about PS2's breaking as well. Also spec wise the PS2 isn't very impressive the Gamecube and especially the Xbox are more powerful. What type of games do you like?
Old 05-20-2003, 05:52 PM   #6
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

X-Box is the most powerful on paper by far. Gamecube, I'd say that gamecube is only an option if you want novelty games such as Mario and SuperMonkey Ball (Pointless, Yet VERY addictive [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). My PS2 has never broken once and IMO they have the best games + a built in DVD player. X-box can play DVD's if you pay an extra 20 pounds. Also, I've heard (Not confirmed) you can get them chipped to play PC and PS2 games, but this isnt the place to talk of that. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2003, 05:55 PM   #7
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

Does Xbox or PS2 have better games?
Old 05-20-2003, 06:09 PM   #8
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

IMHO.... Ermmm... Actually [img]tongue.gif[/img] Dunno...

They both have good games. X-Box having Shenmue and Halo... Halo is ace. PS2 having Vice City and Such... Either. Both are good.
Old 05-20-2003, 06:12 PM   #9
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Aparrently the introduction of a fan means PS2's are less likely to break now than PS1's were. Maybe I was a little harsh however I did see on TV this programme were lots of people were complaining about there PS2's were breaking after they'd had had them for about two years.

Which system has the better games? It depends on what type of games you like I suppose.