Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Have You Ever Heard of "Poopsocking"?
No I haven't, sounds gross! 15 78.95%
Yeah I've heard of it, and do it too, so what? 4 21.05%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2007, 08:24 AM   #21
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by VulcanRider:
quote:
Originally posted by Zebodog:
Dirty Sanchez?
Wikipedia to the rescue!! [/QUOTE]www.glossaryofperversion.com is a lot more thorough.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Klorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 05:37 AM   #22
Bumbus
Dungeon Master

This is rather amusing, but honestly if someone really is that far gone from reality they should really consider professional help. By this point these people have an addiction and it is mostly likely causing health and social problems.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:40 AM   #23
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

That's the point, bumbus... they prefer this world to reality.
Klorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:23 PM   #24
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Yup! I know a guy (someone my husband used to be friends with several years ago) who has a wife and three kids but hasn't had a steady job ...ever.. has a new scheme practically every week (designed to 'make a fast buck' and keep him online as much as possible) and is in his mid thirties.

Guess what he prefers to do all the time? When he can't get his D&D or other roleplaying group together, he's online all the time playing a MMORPG or doing online rp's in a number of forums including a kiddie themed game, most of which he drops for yet another and another.... He doesn't want to live in the 'real world' except to find out about the latest gadgets for his pc or games. It's a major escape from reality for him so why face problems when you can face imaginary dragons and come out the 'top gun' every time?

Don't think he's as bad as the 'poopsocker' crowd but probably not far off if his wife ever got sensible and left... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I know we've all talked about this before, the whole addiction thing, that is. And I'm as happy to have a temporary 'escape' from the day's problems as anyone, but I think the key there is 'temporary'. Some of these guys take it to the extreme of all the time or as often and long as possible...thus the disgusting option of poopsocking that most of us wouldn't ever dream of, let alone do.... blech!
Old 07-10-2007, 10:13 PM   #25
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Yep, I'm a gamer myself but I will never let myself get to any poopsock "level" LOL. Or to where I'm buying fake game money with my own real money on Ebay LOL. Ah the madness, the madness I tell ya! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Johnny, I get some weird impression with your poopsocking defense that you may be thinking of trying it yourself?

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:32 AM   #26
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

*snicker* Johnny must be sleeping or something? Hope he's at least washing his socks!