Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2002, 11:35 AM   #1
Arvon
Unicorn

Brain Teaser

Answers below. Don't cheat.

1. A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years - Which room is safest for him?

2. A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for over 10 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together - How can this be?

3. There are two plastic jugs filled with water. How could you put all of this water into a barrel, without using the jugs or any dividers, and still tell which water came from which jug?

4. What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you throw it away?

5. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?

6. This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it? It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it! In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out! Try to do so without any coaching!

ANSWERS
1. The third. Lions that haven't eaten in three years are dead.

2. The woman was a photographer. She shot a picture of her husband, developed it, and hung it up to dry.

3. Freeze them first. Take them out of the jugs and put the ice in the barrel. You will be able to tell which water came from which jug.

4. The answer is Charcoal. In Homer Simpson's words: hmmmm... Barbecue.

5. Sure you can: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow!

6. The letter "e", which is the most common letter in the English language, does not appear once in the long paragraph.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 03-09-2002, 11:45 AM   #2
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

well its not as fun when you give away the answers in the same thread hehe
Old 03-09-2002, 01:37 PM   #3
Lavindathar
Harper

I got the first one right!!!

BONUS!
Old 03-09-2002, 02:58 PM   #4
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

quote:
Originally posted by Arvon:
Brain Teaser

Answers below. Don't cheat.
I didnt look when i filled it out [img]tongue.gif[/img]

1. A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years - Which room is safest for him?
The lions would all be dead so thats the one I would go in

2. A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for over 10 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together - How can this be?
dunno maybe shes a necrophiliac or something

3. There are two plastic jugs filled with water. How could you put all of this water into a barrel, without using the jugs or any dividers, and still tell which water came from which jug?
Water is colored, or something?

4. What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you throw it away?
charcoal

5. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?
MARCH 1,2,&3 lunes martes miercoles

6. This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it? It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it! In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out! Try to do so without any coaching!
I dunno maybe there is no point in it?

ANSWERS
1. The third. Lions that haven't eaten in three years are dead.

2. The woman was a photographer. She shot a picture of her husband, developed it, and hung it up to dry.

3. Freeze them first. Take them out of the jugs and put the ice in the barrel. You will be able to tell which water came from which jug.

4. The answer is Charcoal. In Homer Simpson's words: hmmmm... Barbecue.

5. Sure you can: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow!

6. The letter "e", which is the most common letter in the English language, does not appear once in the long paragraph.

Old 03-09-2002, 03:04 PM   #5
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

I Got The First One Right!!!

Does That Mean On The Scale Of Intelligence From 1 To Five, I'm 1?? I Got 1 Out Of Five Right...

[img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2002, 06:10 PM   #6
andrewas
Harper

quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
I Got The First One Right!!!

Does That Mean On The Scale Of Intelligence From 1 To Five, I'm 1?? I Got 1 Out Of Five Right...

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

6. you got one out of six . WHich nullifies your point, giving you 0 out of 6!!!

kidding.

Anyways, i didnt pay to much attention and only got 1,5 and 6 right.
Old 03-09-2002, 06:16 PM   #7
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I got the fifth one right, it's too easy compared to the others.

EDIT: I got the first one right as well, but only because I randomly chose one of the three, not because I figured it out [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 03-09-2002: Message edited by: Neb ]

Old 03-09-2002, 08:05 PM   #8
wutaloser
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i got all 6! yay! im also testing my new sig.