Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 04-08-2002, 07:16 PM   #1
Xavier
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just have to tell someone, I FINISHED THE GAME!! [img]tongue.gif[/img] No cheating, but I got a LOT of hints from this forum. Thanks everyone.

So for my second game, soon to be started(soloing as a sorceror) I want to ask you all:

1. What is the best artifact to raise charisma?
2. And where do I find it?
3. Detailed:How much does charisma affect prices/dialogs?
4. What about low reputation, will NPC's that attack you at low rep leave you alone if your charisma is high enough? (What I have in mind is NPC's like the racist by the nortern exit of W.Promenade)
5. Other things you want to share about charisma

Thanks in advance. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 08:08 PM   #2
Caric
Elite Waterdeep Guard

As far as I know the best item for raising charisma, if yours is low is the ring of human influence, found in the circus (loot from kalah).
Well the blade of roses raises your charisma 2 points but since you'll be a sorceror that won't help. I don't think charisma will prevent some npcs to go hostile if your reputation is low, but what do you want a low reputation for? you'll be soloing so you won't lose any npc if you get too high, even if you're evil it doesn't matter.
Caric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 08:41 PM   #3
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

THE RING!! Aha yes THE most powerful charisma raising thingy there is. With this bueaty you can drop your charisma to as low as it will go, when u r creating your character as the ring rasies it to 18.

personaly I use the ring + nymph cloak (buy in Mavare's guild house.) + helm of glory (which dosn't apply to the mage though)
Old 04-08-2002, 08:45 PM   #4
Xavier
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for answering, Caric

I used the ring of human influence in my last game, it gave me 18 CHR, but I've seen topics where they discuss CHR as high as 25.
(may have been here or at BioWare Forums, not sure).
And then I thought it might be a good start to have high CHR in the early stages. More items for less money at the merchants?
About the rep.points, I dont like the idea of beeing so unpopular that I would risk getting attacked just by walking nearby NPC's.
Because you get unpopular when killing beggars, pesants and so on, right? or ..? I never did that in my last game..
Old 04-08-2002, 08:47 PM   #5
Deathcow
Elminster

i keep my ring of human influence in my inventory, and only put it on when im buying/talking/whatever in towns

being charismatic isnt a very important trait in a skirmish, so most of the time i wear other rings

just a tip
Deathcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 08:48 PM   #6
Caric
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Right I forgot about the nymph cloak, that's a good raising charisma item too, but I don't think you can get as far as 25 with a sorcerer unless you have either imported your character from Baldur's Gate 1(using lots of leadership and influence books) or used a certain machine in ToB
Old 04-08-2002, 08:57 PM   #7
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

Yes, killing inncoent civilians is something that will lower your rep. But then agian... I don't consider nalias "auntie" to be innocent.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! Ha! Hee Hee! ah ha ha... yes... well...

*ahem*

Doing anything really bad like stealing, or killing amnish soldiers will lower it quite badly. Also allowing viconia to travel with you lowers it for two... only until she leaves though.

Doing good things, however, like donating to a church or almost anything else good will RAISE your rep a few points.

Oh and congrats on finnishing the game!

HORAY!!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-08-2002, 09:07 PM   #8
Caric
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well now, Nalia's auntie is kinda evil isn't she? but then again lots of nobles are evil too,if you kill them you lose rep, almost everything that does not go hostile will lower your reputation, so just do good things and your reputation will be at 20 in no time
Old 04-08-2002, 09:16 PM   #9
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

Yes that is true and yes I do lose reputation when i kill her (which is every game. )but...

I DON'T CARE!!! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

the old bitty deserves it and anyone who acts THAT high and almighty deserves to die!!

I can get along with the nobels. except for that one time I was trying out pick-poceting and all the nobels turned hostile. So I
SLAUGHTERED THEM ALL!!! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
and lost alot of rep and had to reload
Old 04-08-2002, 09:32 PM   #10
Xavier
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks for the laughs and info

I suppose this means that the ring + nymph cloak + the sword will raise the characters chr to 22? (20 for a sorcerer). I'll do bargain$ with every merchant! :cool: