Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2002, 03:12 PM   #1
theholyavenger
Manshoon

I was gonna start a new game with a new character but was wondering which classes are the best for dual classing. How should i dual class my character? At what lvls? Thanks.
\"There once was a warrior true,<br />with the sense knocked out of him, too.<br />But in a hamster he found,<br />some wisdom profound,<br />and now where goes he goes his Boo!\"<br /><br />~Crazy Celvan in Baldur\'s Gate II Shadows of Amn
theholyavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 06:30 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I believe that a fighter/mage or fighter/cleric would be a good combo. I don't really care to try anything else, but have had success with both of the afore-mentioned.

[ 10-16-2002, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 07:01 PM   #3
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

If you want to dual-class, you probably shouldn't choose a monk. They get good at higher levels. You can get spellcasters, but recognize that they aren't gonna be as powerful as single class.

Best combos I've come across

Rogue 8/Ranger 12 - Weapon finesse, dual wielding and bows
Rogue 15/Paladin 3/Ranger 2 - Funny, but wicked, dual wielding + awesome saving throws {Note: this requires some weird alignment stuff}

Both are really good. Basically, recognize that a multi-character will be able to do more, at the expense of expertise. Choosing classes that complement each others' weaknesses (rogue's good dex and bows match well with ranger and weapon finesse.)

Old 10-20-2002, 10:48 PM   #4
Norbane
Dungeon Master

Barbarian/Cleric 10/10

Wierd but wicked combo. Choose Travel domain for haste spell. My Barbarian/Cleric was just plain sinister. The damage after buffing myself was plain sick. Dex & str. were completely maxxed out, was really a blast.
Norbane is offline   Reply With Quote