Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 10-15-2002, 01:32 PM   #11
Ajia Mal'Kreig
Dungeon Master

My trick for both a wimpy Wizard and underpowered Paladin was to run through the surface areas in chapter 1 twice (did not go in buildings, killed everthing that attacked me while walking around, leveled to 5th level, got plenty of money from crates and chest on streets, saved characters and started chapter 1 for real). Got Lesser Amulet of Healing from Aribeth in case spider made it to me and took Daelin with me. Dead spider, sick Barbarian that I cured/healed and off we go for another beating [img]smile.gif[/img]

PS: Enemies are tougher at 6th level, but chests and barrells have much better yield than those found by a 1-5th level character.
Ajia Mal'Kreig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 02:32 PM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Well, I'm not out of order in the districts, as I THINK Beggar's Nest is second after the Peninsular district and I finished (or think I finished LOL), the Peninsular before heading here. The spider is in the lower levels of the warehouse in Beggar's Nest, not Docks (at least THIS one is! )

My bard is very close to leveling up to 5th level but not quite there yet. I know there's one more thing I have to do that she hasn't finished yet (find someone named Jemine or something close similar, not sure of the spelling!) and report back to someone, but she hasn't found the guy (or his house).

Am seriously considering going for a tank henchman, then. Will definitely speak to them, thanks for that tip. Ronn! I need Tomi to help me get into a lot of the locked chests that Linu couldn't open.

Mouse, were you playing a thief? My pc hasn't got any trap setting skills. She can summon a few critters, cast resistance and bull strength or play bard song, though.
Old 10-15-2002, 06:03 PM   #13
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hi Cloudlet,

There is no exact order in which you have to do the districts. I remember first battling that spider as a level 3 newbie with Memsie in a multi play. Took us about 4 reloads,and I think Tommi did mostof the killing. After getting slaughterated so many times by the Gulnan that night, I went from Peninsula straight to the docks. I did 90% of the docks - ie before you go back into the Silver Sails - so I had some "good arrows" to fire at the beastie when I went to tackle Beggars Nest.

The stone of recall works - I have used it at times when I get sick of reloading (ie the tomb of Brother Tomas as a level 7 character). Taking the fighter as a henchman should help. But my advice - go play aout on the docks for a while, and get another level or two.
Old 10-15-2002, 06:23 PM   #14
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I was serious about the Belt of Encircling Scale, too, Cloudy. It renders you immune from poison, and I know that I found it in a barrel in the City Core.
Attalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 08:04 PM   #15
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

Well, what I did was cast the spell "Sound Burst" on the spider. It might have been some bug, but it did HUNDREDS of damage to that thing! I sat there for 5 minutes and numbers kept floating out of the spider's dead body! [img]tongue.gif[/img] It just says
"Bloated Dire Spider: Will save: failure; Damage taken 9 (9 sonic),
Bloated Dire Spider: Will Save: failure; Damage taken 6 (6 sonic),
Bloated Dire Spider: Will save: failure; Damage taken 7 (7 sonic), etc.

It just might work for you...
Old 10-15-2002, 09:26 PM   #16
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Well,I'm stubborn, I'm gonna try killing that ugly sucker again, but maybe not tonight! LOL

Attalus, I didn't find that belt. I may go get Tommi and open some chests in the Beggars Nest area before trying another district.
Old 10-15-2002, 10:30 PM   #17
Guenhwyvar & Catti-brie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I remember meeting that spider, and I was a lvl 3 dwarven fighter, with Tomi as my henchman, I had a Longsword +1 and a dagger in my off-hand and I beat the thing with only haveing to use my stone of recall 2 or 3 times. Or maybe he was really hard and I just blocked it from my memory.
Guenhwyvar & Catti-brie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 11:34 AM   #18
Davros
Takhisis Follower

The belt will be random treasure - I never found it in my 2 plays - and I opened EVERTHING .

How is widdle Cloudlet going with her itsy bitsy spider - is it all better now?
Old 10-16-2002, 07:18 PM   #19
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Guenhwyvar & Catti-brie:
I remember meeting that spider, and I was a lvl 3 dwarven fighter, with Tomi as my henchman, I had a Longsword +1 and a dagger in my off-hand and I beat the thing with only haveing to use my stone of recall 2 or 3 times. Or maybe he was really hard and I just blocked it from my memory.
Now I AM scared! LOL My poor bard is a gonner for sure! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
The belt will be random treasure - I never found it in my 2 plays - and I opened EVERTHING .

How is widdle Cloudlet going with her itsy bitsy spider - is it all better now?
She's been too 'chicken' to try it yet! LOL I'll let you know later!
Old 10-16-2002, 08:18 PM   #20
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

Can Bards cast Sound Burst? If you can, do it. You might have the same bug as me! I mean, spider..... I dunno actually......