Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-08-2001, 04:09 AM   #1
Max Power
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Here's my party right now:
Me (fighter/mage/thief)
Keldorn
Valygar
Aerie
Jaheira
Nalia

Or should I keep it the way it is? Nalia is already a mage level higher than Imoen is and I've got the thieving end covered. Does anything bad happen if I tell her to find her own way out of the Asylum?

------------------
"Max Power doesn't abbreviate, each letter is as important as the one before it.. maybe even MORE important.. no, as important" -Homer Simpson
Old 07-08-2001, 04:18 AM   #2
Sigmar
Unicorn

She be a bit upset but she will still make it back to the copper coronet. When you get there she will still offer to join your party.
Old 07-08-2001, 08:13 AM   #3
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

ive also read that If you leave someone in the Asylum they are lost for good unless you use CLUAConsole to get back to that area. Youre supposed to leave them in Brynnlaw and then they will go back to the Copper Coronet.

Dump Nalia. Imoen is your sister after all. Not only that but Imoen isnt the huge whiner that Nalia is. ( God shes annoying ) it wont take long to gain levels with /Imoen and think of all the scrolls youll get EXP for her learning new spells from.

Or you could lose Valygar.

It all depends on what class your PC is as to whether you need a tank or a spell caster.

WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2001, 09:34 AM   #4
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Earthdog:
ive also read that If you leave someone in the Asylum they are lost for good unless you use CLUAConsole to get back to that area. Youre supposed to leave them in Brynnlaw and then they will go back to the Copper Coronet.

Dump Nalia. Imoen is your sister after all. Not only that but Imoen isnt the huge whiner that Nalia is. ( God shes annoying ) it wont take long to gain levels with /Imoen and think of all the scrolls youll get EXP for her learning new spells from.

Or you could lose Valygar.

It all depends on what class your PC is as to whether you need a tank or a spell caster.

WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. I always lose Nalia over Imoen. I usually plan this in advance, buying scrolls that I know Imoen will need to write in her spellbook, and stuffing them in scroll cases to bring to the asylum. She actually flies up in levels, between scribing scrolls and just general combat and quests. Besides, she's a better backup thief, too. With two backup mages already (you and Aerie), you are not losing much by dumping Nalia for Imoen.

------------------

Death is only the beginning...
Old 07-08-2001, 01:59 PM   #5
Legolas the Elven Archer

Quote:
Originally posted by Earthdog:
As far as I know, NPC's will only be lost in the Asylum if you tell them to wait for you to come back, not if you tell them to return to the Copper Coronet, Trademeet, a cabin in the Umar Hills or whereever that NPC goes to. First time through the game, I had a NPC with me who got himself killed before I retrieved Imoen (no need to tell who this is now is there?) so I didn't have to make the desicion. Second time I only had five members in my party (all created by me) so I had plenty of space.

As for Max's question, I agree with the rest here. Dump Nalia because she is annoying and not that good a thief (if she was a pure mage, she'd have had an extra level and you could still dualclass her whenever you wanted). Imoen is better, both for the story and the thieving skills.

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 07-08-2001, 03:53 PM   #6
Max Power
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Alright, thanks for the replies, I'll go with Imoen and drop Nalia. I was also thinking of getting rid of Valygar for Mazzy since he isn't that great of a fighter. Is Mazzy a good front line fighter?

------------------
"Max Power doesn't abbreviate, each letter is as important as the one before it.. maybe even MORE important.. no, as important" -Homer Simpson
Old 07-08-2001, 05:49 PM   #7
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Mazzys an Archer or at least should be, she has grandmastry in shortbow.

------------------
Old 07-08-2001, 06:01 PM   #8
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

Mazzy also has a few quests to do. If you find Festule the Alchemists potion keep it, it has something to do with Mazzy.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 07-08-2001, 06:18 PM   #9
Tancred
White Dragon

If you give Mazzy, say, the Girlde of Hill Giant Strength to up her strength to 19, she becomes a terrifyingly effective fighter. You just have to up her weapons proficiencies with time, is all.
Old 07-09-2001, 02:01 PM   #10
Vampire

KICK OUT Valygar!!!!!
Get Imoen!!!

You'll not regret this and by the way:
Change your class via Shadow keeper to:

Thief/Mage otherwise you are stuffed in the expansion pack.