Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-05-2000, 03:28 PM   #1
RavenW

Ok, you know the room in Shurugeon castle where you first meet Ardibren? It has a spiral staircase leading up to his tower and the Circle. Well at the base of the stairs where you meet him and those Spirits (nasty buggers!) there are three arches on the wall. Well one of these arches (the farthest one to the right) is obviously a secret door of somekind (has that darkened wall texture that so many games use to "tell" you theres "something more than ordinary" about this wall) Has anyone figured out how to open this door, or am I just wishing too much for another secret? Oh and btw has anyone else noticed that (game) time passes while you pause the game, though spells cast on your charachter are not affected?

Any reply is greatly appreciated.

Old 11-06-2000, 10:41 AM   #2
Raldor

Sorry, I just got to Shurugeon, so I don't know the answer for you, but I noticed the game time thing. I thought maybe it was my imagination at first until I read your post. I left the game paused for a couple of hours one time, and I'm pretty sure when I came back and unpaused, it was suddenly night time, where it the middle of the day when I paused. I wonder if they somehow use your computer's time to determine game time.

Old 11-06-2000, 02:06 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

As you further explore the castle you eventually will find a way to come out of that "secret passage" you describe. It's a one way exit and you can do nothing with it from the spiral staircase side.

If disgruntled means to be unhappy, then gruntled must mean happy.

Wyv
Old 11-06-2000, 02:30 PM   #4
RavenW

Thanks! But I hate to ask but could you spoil me on that one cause I went over every brick in that castle, Twice and still couldnt find the secret tunnel thats behind door number three. And as to game time passing while paused, that may be the cure for Darkness that Ive seen lots of people complaining about, (though I tend to agree with the pro-darkness posters: it does add to the realism. Spoil me Wyv, My girlfriend is complaining about the dizziness she gets from watching me play WW when I go running through Shurugeon Castle looking for that secret! Thanks again!

Old 11-08-2000, 12:42 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

My foggy memory wasn't so bad after all. The mystery one way exit in question is up the stairs from the sewers - the alternate path from the one that leads you to the lever that opens up your way to Lysandra. There is nothing of great interest there - just the hallway at the end of which you get to exit back into the spiral staircase room. Big deal.

But I did find out for you!
Also checked out your site, Raven. Really like your logo!!!!!

Wyv
Old 11-08-2000, 09:40 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Well gads. I would love to spoil you and promise that I will as soon as I refigure it out myself. I'm currently in play 2 of the castle (just started) so I'll probably find my way back there today and will post illuminating directions. My foggy memory seems to think it was a passageway off from the whole vampire, D'Soto area.

More later today!

Wyv
Old 11-08-2000, 01:44 PM   #7
RavenW

Thanks Wyv!

I was thinking we should all get together and post one thread of FAQ's, one for Bugs/Crashes, and one for cheats?, would save everyone having to sort through 30+ pages of threads to find one answer (which I did when in the Boogre Trap!)

Well back to the fun, ok so its work..