Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-03-2000, 04:26 PM   #1
billc

Help - I had encountered the green plant things as well while my characters were pretty weak. I made the mistake of retreating several times back into town after unsuccessfully trying to kill them with spells without being killed. Now several of them have followed me and are just outside the gate along with some swamp creatures and other monsters - I don't have enough time to set up my wizard spells once out of town to attack them before I am killed and I don't have enough maneuvering space to escape and spread them out again. Any suggestions other than slowly building up in the tamer areas?

Old 11-03-2000, 05:25 PM   #2
Kate
Welcomed New User

I have a similar problem, people are suggesting throwing spells at them from a distance, but my spells aren't that good yet. Besides if the buggers get too close to the town you don't have a chance. The combat isn't properly turn-based either, so you take damage much faster than you can dish it out. I've done the crypt, serpent temple and all the other stuff I can do to get experience the other side of town but have only got to level 4 spells. I think these things are way over the top, especially at this stage in the game. I can only think of messing about until I have enough experience and/or money to up my spell levels a bit.
I think it's a bitch that any spells such as armour that you have cast on yourself disappear as soon as you go into town, but spells that are cast on you such as poison, don't.
Old 11-03-2000, 06:29 PM   #3
aubietiger

All I can suggest is tryong to run past them. If you are able to get by them they will follow you which might give you a chance try and kill them after you heal up. They will follow you away from the town walls. Thay are pretty slow so if you can get away from them with some of your charaxters alive you will have a chance. This happened to me and almost caused me to pull my hair out, bit eventually I was able to kill them. Good Luck.

If you get to town again you can always go to the temple to revive any dead characters.

Old 11-04-2000, 05:08 AM   #4
nightowl66

i had the same thing happen
i had to use the resetadventures feature and by the time i got back there the 2nd time i had high enough spells to kill them froma DISTANCE! cannot kill them from close even at level 12
good luck
there are more of them later on