Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-14-2001, 02:12 PM   #11
Sir Byronas
Mephistopheles

Interesting celebration! But only American! Have a nice Thanksgiving guys.
Old 11-14-2001, 06:21 PM   #12
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

Thanks Sir Byronas ,Lady Avalon ,Legolas, Hiram Sedai, Sir Mitsos, and all that will help me out here. T- day is only a week from tomorrow. Get going here [img]smile.gif[/img] I will print out this post to follow your exact procedures so post on IW !
  1. 1 large bag of Cheetos
  2. pre-made stuffing
  3. Ketchup
  4. Chocolate
  5. Cheese
  6. Peanut butter
  7. Turkey wings
  8. Dog food
  9. Chunk Pineapple
  10. Sugar
  11. Flour
  12. Ritz crackers
I will add to my list as appropriate [img]smile.gif[/img] Say, Mouse.... I need a good choice of Vino... hmmm mybe a light white delight..not to much tannin [img]smile.gif[/img] Got any suggestions for me? I can fit alot more into my cart here.

[ 11-15-2001: Message edited by: *\Conan/* ]

Old 11-14-2001, 10:08 PM   #13
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

It's a bit late for me at the moment, but tomorrow, I'll post up my own devastatingly delicious Caramel Apple Cheesecake recipe.

Plus, try using Yukon Gold potatoes for smashed taters or I could also give you the recipe for some scalloped potatoes. Really easy to make and very good.

And I saw a recipe in a magazine at work for those who like cranberry sauce but want to add some zing to it: Combine it with cream cheese to make a dip!

I'll post recipes if you'd like.
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 11-15-2001, 07:28 AM   #14
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
It's a bit late for me at the moment, but tomorrow, I'll post up my own devastatingly delicious Caramel Apple Cheesecake recipe.

Plus, try using Yukon Gold potatoes for smashed taters or I could also give you the recipe for some scalloped potatoes. Really easy to make and very good.

And I saw a recipe in a magazine at work for those who like cranberry sauce but want to add some zing to it: Combine it with cream cheese to make a dip!

I'll post recipes if you'd like.

Im going to the store tonight what do I need to add to my list? Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2001, 07:44 AM   #15
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by *\Conan/*:
Im going to the store tonight what do I need to add to my list? Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]

For the cheesecake, you need 3 8oz packages of cream cheese, a couple of nice tart/sweet apples (any kind you like, but I find Granny Smith to be the best), some caramel apple topping, a graham cracker crust, 8oz. container of sour cream and a package of halved pecans. Plus eggs and you already have sugar on your list. Oh, and I think some vanilla extract (if you don't have any at home). I'll post the official recipe tonight.

For the potatoes, I'll post that recipe in a few hours - it's in the Receptionist's desk downstairs....but you'll need probably four good baking potatoes and some cream (or evaporated milk). I'll see what else in a bit and let you know.

I'll also check on the cranberry sauce dip recipe - it's in the same magazine. But It'll be a couple more 8oz packages of cream cheese and some cranberry sauce (any variety you like - jelled, with berries, whatever you like).

[img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 11-15-2001, 08:07 AM   #16
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

quote:
Originally posted by *\Conan/*:
Thanks Sir Byronas ,Lady Avalon ,Legolas, Hiram Sedai, Sir Mitsos, and all that will help me out here. T- day is only a week from tomorrow. Get going here [img]smile.gif[/img] I will print out this post to follow your exact procedures so post on IW !
  1. 1 large bag of Cheetos
  2. pre-made stuffing
  3. Ketchup
  4. Chocolate
  5. Cheese
  6. Peanut butter
  7. Turkey wings
  8. Dog food
  9. Chunk Pineapple
  10. Sugar
  11. Flour
  12. Ritz crackers
I will add to my list as appropriate [img]smile.gif[/img] Say, Mouse.... I need a good choice of Vino... hmmm mybe a light white delight..not to much tannin [img]smile.gif[/img] Got any suggestions for me? I can fit alot more into my cart here.

[ 11-15-2001: Message edited by: *\Conan/* ]

This looks like the Peanuts Thanksgiving feast. Except you forgot:

1.Popcorn Balls
2.Toast

But seriously, how goes the planning? I will be doing these dishes

1. Turnips(mashed like potatoe) mmm mmm
2. Sweet potatoes(in a pie plate with marshmallows on top)
3. Green beans w/those little onion ring thingies
4. Turkey/stuffing
5. Mashed Taters
6. Vegetables: corn/ peas&pearl onions

For desert:
an assortment of pies(store bought, shhhhhh don't tell the family) coconut custard, apple choclate cream(homemade).

That's about it....any questions??

You Can Not Hide
Old 11-15-2001, 10:25 AM   #17
Legolas
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by AngelofDeath:

That's about it....any questions??

Why DID the chicken cross the street?

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Old 11-15-2001, 10:36 AM   #18
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

quote:
Originally posted by Legolas:

Why DID the chicken cross the street?

ummm yeah.....well the chicken crossed the road, because it knew it was dinnertime at my house and it wass on the menu.....

BTW, can I borrow your Bow?

You Can Not Hide
Old 11-15-2001, 10:54 AM   #19
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ah. Always wondered about that one [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Borrow my bow? Sure.

*hands over bow*

The manual said something about pointing it at humans and animals, I think...
Old 11-15-2001, 11:00 AM   #20
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

Sounds good AngelofDeath. Should I spring for the range fed bird or regular type? How do I cook turnips? This is going to be a intresting holiday menu [img]smile.gif[/img] ( wheat,rye,white,french...what kind of toast? Heh )