Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2002, 09:51 AM   #1
SherpaDoug
Dungeon Master

Is cloud kill the only 5th level spell in the game?

I am soloing with a high level mage (cap remover & rule set) and I am looking for more high level spells. Is there any good 3rd party stuff out there?
Old 04-17-2002, 10:16 AM   #2
SherpaDoug
Dungeon Master

I wonder if Ice Wind Dale spells can be used? It is the same game engine. I will go look on the IWD site.
Old 04-17-2002, 01:21 PM   #3
Midget Gems

This subject came up some time back so I used the excellent new search facility to check it out. There are other high level spells like Cone of Cold and Monster Summoning 3 implimented, but they are almost impossible to find. You can check it out for yourself.
Old 04-17-2002, 03:48 PM   #4
SherpaDoug
Dungeon Master

Well I just CLUAed myself Cold Cone. Sorcerous Sundries ought to have something like that. That gives me 2 choices for level 5. I still think IWD spells may work.

Thanks
Old 04-17-2002, 09:04 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I know for a fact that you can find Monster III, Animate Dead, and one or both of the Polymorphs. Scrolls of Otiluke's and Improved Invisibility are also out there, but I forget if they're spell level 4 or 5. Cone of Cold does NOT exist legitimately in the game, nor does Wraith Form.

Go visit Ulgoth's Beard & do Durlag's Tower if you want more spells.
Old 04-18-2002, 10:31 AM   #6
SherpaDoug
Dungeon Master

If anyone else is interested there are quite a few 3rd party spells on this site:
http://arundor.cjb.net/
I have not tried them yet, but some are BG2 spells brought into BG1 at apparently the same level. Others are straight (or as straight as is playable) from ADND.

[ 04-18-2002, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: SherpaDoug ]
Old 04-18-2002, 02:53 PM   #7
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
Cone of Cold does NOT exist legitimately in the game, nor does Wraith Form.
Are you sure about this? I always thought they were legitimate, but then I could be wrong.

But back to Doug's question - the available level 5 spells in BG I are Cloudkill, Cone of Cold, Animate Dead, Monster Summoning III, Chaos, Domination, Feeblemind, Hold Monster and Shadow Door.

[ 04-18-2002, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: Arledrian ]
Old 04-18-2002, 05:26 PM   #8
SecretMaster
Apophis

What is wraith form? Its not in the manual. Why didn't they put it in?
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 05:51 PM   #9
Pippin
Dungeon Master

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
Cone of Cold does NOT exist legitimately in the game, nor does Wraith Form.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you`re wrong about Wraith Form "SixofSpades", because the second time I played through Baldurs Gate w/TotSC I obtained this one legally without any cheating(never did either). My version is patched if that`s of any significance. The only thing I remember was that I found it somewhat early in the game.

See ya!
Pippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 09:24 PM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Another person claimed that they could find Wraith Form (Kahrk, at Firewine, always had it each time they killed him) in their game, but it turned out that they had Dark Side installed. Perhaps, just perhaps the spell still exists in the game as a findable random treasure, but I've never found ANY 5th level spell as a random treasure, let alone one that was deemed 'unfit' (for whatever reason) to be in the game. (It's not even in BG2.)

If you feel cheated that you can't cast Wraith Form, don't. It's a pretty worthless spell, actually: All it does is that for a short time, it makes it so you can't be hit by normal weapons--or cast spells. Whoop dee doo. (Pretty sure that's what it does.)