Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2003, 08:39 AM   #1
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Apparently Punxsutawney Phil (the groundhog) saw his shadow, so we get 6 more weeks of this oh so wonderful weather.

As if right on cue, the temperature is supposed to drop here today from the 30's to the teens by this afternoon with gust of up to 60 MPH (that's six-zero!!). Can someone from Australia send us up some of that summer sun?

HOWEVER, if we want, we can just follow Buckeye Chuck in Ohio, he says spring's just around the corner (I like that one better)!!
Old 02-04-2003, 09:07 AM   #2
skywalker
Banned User

Here in Vermont we always expect Winter type weather to last at least until mid-April and then we get Mud Season. And MAYBE there is a Spring before Summer!

I hope I have enough wood to heat my house for the rest of the Winter!

Mark
Old 02-04-2003, 09:13 AM   #3
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

On Gobbler's Knob, Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania at 7:27 a.m. this Groundhog Day, February 2nd, 2003, Punxsutawney Phil, King of Groundhogs, Seer of Seers, imitated but never equaled, responded to the summons of Groundhog President Bill Cooper. Bill Deeley, his friend and Handler greeted him affectionately and placed him atop his domicile, the old oak stump. From this lofty seat he addressed the large enthusiastic throng of faithful followers, wishing them a "Happy Groundhog Day." Phil may be as cute as a Beanie Baby but when he predicts in his Groundhogese there is no maybe. He directed president Bill to the appropriate scroll which reads:

Governor Rendell joins this joyful throng
of several thousand strong
and he like everyone will thrill
at seeing the magic on this hill
as I make my prognostication
and give my justification:
I see my shadow beside me
and that is that magic you see.
It causes this midwinter revelry,
six more weeks of winter there will be.

the full story can be found at http://www.punxsutawneyphil.com/
Old 02-04-2003, 09:14 AM   #4
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Yup, our seasons are the same here in Rochester. We have winter until at least mid-April, yet the stores don't seem to recognize that. I had to look all over to find a new pair of gloves yesterday. They're all into their spring line. I think some of these stores need to adjust thier stocking to where they are in the country, ie, if there's still 3 more months of winter, you should still stock warm clothes. What a concept! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2003, 09:22 AM   #5
Aragorn The Wise
Manshoon

I was told Cleveland was going to have a early spring this year so [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2003, 10:16 AM   #6
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Our groundhog didn't see his shadow, and we have had springlike weather ever since. O'course, El Nino may have had more to do with that. [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]