Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-25-2000, 01:53 PM   #1
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Does anyone know at which level you can acquire lock-pick training? (and where)? I was thinking my barbarian (I started over just last night.. whee!) might be a bit more useful if he wasn't always blowing the traps up in our faces by trying to bash them to bits. I am curious as to which level you have to be.. I assume it's taught at the pawn shop? Hmm.. That means I'll have to get through the cave first, I guess.. hmm
Old 11-25-2000, 02:01 PM   #2
Sloth

It is a starting skill for Thieves, and I think you can start to learn it when you are a barbarian. It is taught at the pawn shops as well.

Old 11-25-2000, 02:06 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

well gosh, I thought Laurel just sort of came with lockpicking skills but I guess, upon reflection, she didn't. Does sound like something you'd have to learn at the thieves guild. Let me flip a few pages in this less than average strategy guide upon which I squander my $$ and see if it can enlighten us.

(sound of flipping pages) (hey, how come you can do a [img = etc. etc. but there isn't a [sound = wosnamedeafening.mid ????)
(more flipping pages)
not under SKILLS..... (flipping pages)
not under TRAITS..... (flipping pages)
Oh, okay - there is no such thing as lockpicking in W&W which explains it's omission from the strategy guild. The fact that you can buy lockpicks and can actually see it as a skill in your character journal is just to mislead you to think that it exists while the programmers happily laugh at you when the chests blow up in your face.

So the answer is: (flipping more pages) kindly look up this under TRAPS & LOCKS (not lockpicking).....
To which the tome of limited wisdom expounds upon the virtues of increasing this skill as quickly as possible but tells me naught on when and where and how and why and who and if and wossname.
HOPE THAT HELPS!!!

Wyv
Old 11-25-2000, 02:10 PM   #4
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Well, that's okay.. it gives me that manly, ruggish look, what with all of those scars & bruises from the various pleasant traps
Old 11-25-2000, 02:10 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Sloths are wise in the way of limited words getting to the point!

Wyvs are funnier!

Both are goodly players!

Wyv
Old 11-25-2000, 02:12 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

[sound = duelingpostbanjos.mid ]

GRIN!! What's the record for the most posts to one thread in the shortest amount of time??

Wyv