Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 11-15-2003, 03:55 AM   #101
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Galteran uth Balin

paladin(always)

cant remember the stats off the top of my head cus he was my first but i remember havin high strength, i used two handed swords and long swords
I had a full party so i didnt concentrate on his priest abillities too much.
Old 11-25-2003, 04:45 PM   #102
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
Hey intrepid wanderers of Baldur's Gate,

First post to this part of the forum, but have just started playing through this wondrous game a third time.

First time, I never had the expansion and went for a straight neutral good Dwarven Fighter. Don't have access to his stats anymore right at this moment, but he wasn't quite as potent as many that I've seen here. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Second time, with the expansion installed, I decided to use the stats of an old favourite PnP character who was killed in the very last game of second ed AD&D that I ever played, in order to sustain his memory.

Name: Mead
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Bard
Level: 5

STR: 16
DEX: 17
CON: 15
INT: 14
WIS: 14
CHA: 15

Playing with him was quite a challenge and I still never completed all of Durlag's Tower, which is one of the essential reasons I'm playing through again. [img]smile.gif[/img]

This time, I've gone for a True Neutral Druid who I'm hoping to be able to go through some of the evil npc quests with. (Edwin, Montaron and Xzar)
Party selection and refinement in this game is so much fun! I was quite pleased with the roundedness of these stats, but it took some rerolling. Although he still doesn't match some of the semi-deities I've seen here.

Name: Vigamortis
Class: Druid

STR: 14
DEX: 14
CON: 14
INT: 12
WIS: 18
CHA: 18

[ 11-27-2003, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: CerebroDragon ]
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 09:07 AM   #103
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Ominae:
I am playing a Fighter, Male, Human, (dualing thief or mage in bg2)
with

str 18/00
dex 18
Int 12

Question for you all, What do you reckon for Bg2 Fighter/Mage? is their any good armour that he can use?, or Fighter Theif, Shadow Dragon Scales are wicked.

edit- PS Just because i think of myself as a cheesy powerplayer for having to high rolls doesnt mean im judging any of you. POWERPLAY AWAY AMIGOS!!!
fighter -> mages are strong in BG2 - there's elven chain and a very nice robe (if you have the near standard 'bonus merchants') plus super-powerful protection spells

you need 17 INT to dual to mage though . . .
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 09:31 AM   #104
Midget Gems

I've been watching this topic for some time now and there are certainly some interesting and powerful characters adventuring in BG. But has any of you done the game with a really weak character like the one I posted back on page 1 of this thread. There must be someone out there who thinks that a weak character isn't necessarily a boring character
Old 11-29-2003, 10:04 PM   #105
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

[quote]Originally posted by Armen:
Quote:
Originally posted by Ominae:
[qb]you need 17 INT to dual to mage though . . .
Which doesn't happen for a warrior too often unless you plain to dual to a mage from the start. Otherwise, a warrior would normally put their stats in Con, Str, and Dex.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 08:19 AM   #106
OLAF TRYGGRYSON
Dungeon Master

I don't remember Olaf's original stats in BG1 I do know that he really did massive damage with a long sword. With The Mighty Minsc by his side he did slay all who did evil in the land...ha ha ha. I always use fighters for some reason. Tried a cleric once but was'nt really interested in it. Olaf Tryggryson is my all time favorite Half/Elf Fighter. After that comes my Fighter/Dwarf Ulfin Blightbane.Who is now in BGII with the mighty Minsc again saving the realms from evil with the help of a Space Hamster named Boo.......
Old 02-01-2004, 09:49 AM   #107
Lazarus Reklaw
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1st time playing baldurs gate (played BG2 a bit but decided wanted to do series in order so got BG1 and made a new character) hes doing pretty well so far just about to start chapter 6 stas are as follows:-

Name - Lazarus Reklaw
Race - Half-Elf
Class - Ranger lvl 7

Strength 18/68 (now 19 tome of strength from candlekeep tombs)
Dexterity 19
Constitution 18
Intelligence 13
Wisdom 19 (now 20 tome of wisdom again from candlekeep tombs)
Charisma 14

Hit Points - 103

Large Sword ++ , Bow ++ , Blunt +, Spiked +

Racial Enemy Hobgoblin

Equipment:-
Full plate mail armour,shield of missiles,helm of balduran,cloak of balduran,ring of protection +2,ring of free will,girdle of bluntness,horn of kazgaroth,gauntlets of weapon skill,boots of speed,sword of varcona and longbow of marksmanship.

He pretty much kicks arse in most situations all suggestions and comments on character welcome

[ 02-02-2004, 04:11 AM: Message edited by: Lazarus Reklaw ]
Old 03-07-2004, 10:46 AM   #108
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Midget Gems:
There must be someone out there who thinks that a weak character isn't necessarily a boring character
I had some fun with one of my mages..

I was messing about with IEEP and made a scroll that cursed the user with +3 int and +1 wis, but also -9 con and -5 str..

Rashta

STR 14
DEX 11
CON 15
INT 16
WIS 13
CHR 10

Which was a good start, untill I read the aformetioned scroll

Rashta "The Cursed"

STR 9
DEX 11
CON 6
INT 19
WIS 14
CHR 10

Not too bed for a conjurer, except the extreamly low health points, I think I had somthing like 2 or 3 starting out, great fun char to play, been all the way to TOB, though I did slip from CN to NE but it fit's with the gal's style..
Old 03-08-2004, 01:44 PM   #109
Sonic
Zhentarim Guard

Hey but i was wondering is it realy so fun to play whit godlike stats?Where is the challange in that?this smells powergaming ^^
Old 03-14-2004, 01:29 AM   #110
The_Raven
Welcomed New User

Favorite Villain: Sarevok
Reason: Who does'nt? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
"You're death is inevitable!"
"Killing is our father's work! Embrace it as I have!!!"

Favorite Hero: Drizzt
Reason: He kicks everyone's butt. I also like his dialogue:
"I am a gentleman at heart, at least while I'm not slaughtering the stupid..."