Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2000, 12:27 AM   #1
CuriousYellow

Hey. I'm curious (no pun intended) what kinds of parties ya'll are putting together for your adventuring. Here's what I came up with:

My leader, a Male Human Warrior. I just turned him into a Barbarian.
Second, a Female Whiskis Warrior. She's going to become a Samurai.
Third, a Female ??? (I can't remember the race...I'm blanking...) Priest -- turning into a Paladin.
Fourth, a Male Pixie Priest. He's gonna become a Monk.
Fifth, a Male Rat-thingie Rogue. He'll become a Ninja.
Last, a Female Oomphaz Wizard. She'll become a Warlock.

Did anyone else notice how easy it is to get the Elite character stats? All my people are level 3 and they already have all the necessary stats. It's just a matter of making enough money to pay off the Guilds for advancement...

As for the Ultra (or whatever they're called) characters, I've tried to prepare for them. I'm hoping my Female Paladin can become a Valkyrie, my Ninja can become an Assassin, and my Monk can become a Zenmaster.

The manual's kind of vague on the classes that are best suited for those three, but they seemed to make sense to me. *shrug*

The way it seems here, I'll have gone through every possible charcter class except Ranger by the end of the game.

What do ya'll have?

-- d

Old 10-01-2000, 12:24 AM   #2
Philip

I have the same basic roles as you do: 2 warriors, 2 priests, a rogue and a wizard. Their races are (respectively): human, lizzord, dwarf, oomphaz, gnome and elf. Haven't concentrated on ascending yet. All are about 5th level and we still haven't finished the crypt yet.

Old 10-02-2000, 08:57 AM   #3
JaredC80SF

This is who I have in my party:

Leader is a male Human Priest, just +1 DEX away from Monk status. Then hopefully on to Zenmaster.
Next is female Oompha Priest, who is now a warlock.
Got a male Piggy warrior guy, who is now a barbarian.
Then a male Pixie Wizard, who is also now a warlock.
Also have a male Ratman Rogue, training to be a ninja. Then on to assassin.
Last is my male Gnome Wizard, who is a Bard in training.

So far I'm pretty pleased with this party. Everyone seems to compliment each other nicely. My only complaint is that my Human is level 7 or 8 and still not high enough to be a monk, yet my ratman was able to be a ninja at like lvl 3. I think my human just started with crappy stats and I didn't noticed. Oh, well. Sure its worth the wait.

Jared

Old 10-03-2000, 11:44 AM   #4
Elkar

Here is what I have:

Male Human Warrior/Paladin
Male Gourk Warrior/Barbarian
Male Whiskah Warrior/Soon to be Samurai
Female Ratling Rogue/Soon to be Bard
Male Oomphaz Priest/Warlock
Female Pixie Wizard/Warlock

This seems to be working well. All are around level 6 or 7. And we're currently adventuring through the Serpent Temple. Only problem so far is my Gourk Barbarian specialized in axe, and I have yet to find anything better than a war axe. Oh well, if I can't find one, maybe I'll be able to enchant a really cool one later.

Elkar

Old 10-03-2000, 01:57 PM   #5
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Male Human Fighter: Level 6, Barbarian to be
Female Dwarf: Fighter 4, Barbarian 5
Male Whiska: Fighter 6, Samurai to be
Female Elf Rogue 6: Ninja to be
Female Gnome Cleric 5: Paladin 3
Male Pixie Wizard 5: Warlock to be

My female Dwarf is pretty tough, the Gnome Paladin is actually the strongest character in stats, but not in HP. I picked an elven rogue since I think the Ratlings are ugly.

I just finished the crypt, ready to move on now! The best weapon I've found is the Toad Shamans spear. Also, my Paladin learned Ancient Lore then Artifacts, and she can identify most of the things I find. This is the most valuable asset I've developed so far.

Scronan
Old 10-03-2000, 03:03 PM   #6
Isoroku

1. Isoroku Royoko: Level 10 Male Elven Warrior.....Almost Ninja - Leader
2. Adez Volermont: Level 10 Male Elven Warrior.....Samurai
3. Emish Mchollic: Level 09 Male Dwarven Warrior...Barbarian
4. Mace Munroe:....Level 08 Male Pig Warrior.......Ranger
5. Ashikaga Khann: Level 09 Male Human Priest......Paladin & 1/2 a Day from Monk
6. Volhollan:......Level 10 Male Oomphaz Wizard....Warlock
7. Ken Shinobi:....Level 06 Male Ratling Rogue.....Backup

So far I have had no troubles with this group. Not once has the entire group fallen in battle. I'm not saying that I have killed everything I have seen, I have made some hasty escapes, but the group as a whole has survived... Knock on Wood.

Old 10-03-2000, 05:06 PM   #7
Isoroku

Isoroku is a Ninja Now... Not that anyone cares

Old 10-09-2000, 08:50 PM   #8
rangerzx

3 warriors , 1 paladin , 1 warlock & a rogue

my leader is a human warrior , my other 2 warriors 1 human & 1 dwarf ; pixie priest converted to paladin , and my elven wizard converted to warlock. paladin & warlock are lvl 5 now ; warriors are all lvl 11 , rogue lvl 9

Old 10-09-2000, 09:10 PM   #9
Baff

female human warrior/paladin/valkyrie
male warrior/barbarian
male lizzord warrior/samurai
male ratling thief/ninja
male dwarf priest/monk/zen master
female fairy wizard/warlock

My fairy is great for jumping, much better than any of my other characters, allowed me to get to several places that otherwise needed special items and also let me jump up to the Toad shaman platform so that i didn't have to deal with the toads stuck in the passages. Although i haven't tried jumping with my zen master to see if he is any better, but i doubt it.

Old 10-14-2000, 08:59 PM   #10
Kaddish
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have a:

Whiskas Ninja---Assassin someday?
Human Samurai
Ratling Ninja
Oomphaz Monk
Elf Warlock

It made sense to make the Oomphaz a Monk since they cant wear armor anyway. His Kung Fu skill is 4, I believe, and he still isnt dealing out the massive damage others say they inflict. Also, I might get rid of the Samurai to maximize XP, not sure.