Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2004, 09:36 PM   #111
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

OK, I'm just going to chime in with my completely unasked-for opinion and balefully expound that 'Hot or Not' is the most god-awful piece of shit website I have ever had the mispleasure of laying my now-befouled eyes upon.

It appears to be little more than an outlet for insecure people who feebly seek approval for something as unchangable and ultimately inconsequential as their physical appearence from the bleating, salivating, voyeuristic masses. As a concept, such a collective of permission-to-feel-good-about-ourselves-seeking, slave-minded fools would make me sick, if I wasn't already filled with such contempt for it that to admit that the site would have such an impact on me would reflect badly on my emotional fortitude.

Utter dogshit.
That's my two cents.
Thank you and goodnight.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:41 PM   #112
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
OK, I'm just going to chime in with my completely unasked-for opinion and balefully expound that 'Hot or Not' is the most god-awful piece of shit website I have ever had the mispleasure of laying my now-befouled eyes upon.

It appears to be little more than an outlet for insecure people who feebly seek approval for something as unchangable and ultimately inconsequential as their physical appearence from the bleating, salivating, voyeuristic masses.
Called human nature to seek approval Hiero.

[ 10-05-2004, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: Gangrell ]
Old 10-05-2004, 09:43 PM   #113
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Ever the voice of reason, eh, Hiero? Well, just for fun, I'll say MAYBE you're right...but would you rather have those insecure people doing what they USED to do? Hitting on you at bars?

j/k, of course.

C'mon, now, self-gratification is human nature!

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 10-05-2004, 09:46 PM   #114
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
Called human nature to seek approval Hiero.
Depends on your definition of human
I'd rather say it is the nature of a hopeless herd-animal to seek approval from its peers.
Humans, to me, define the ideals for their herd subjects to apply and compare themselves to. Humans do not seek approval, humans do not need approval. Hell, the concept of social 'approval' doesn't even enter their minds when determining their conduct.

But that's enough bile from me. I'll leave ya to it [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2004, 09:47 PM   #115
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

LOL, Mega, what about you eh?! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Don't hold back or anything Heiro LOL. Ack!

Although I agree, in part, re the site as a whole, I don't feel it is THAT bad. I think it is just being used as a fun thing mostly re everyone right now, not the same at all. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 10-05-2004, 10:34 PM   #116
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Quote:
Originally posted by Megabot:
LOL wath a pic of you Wendy? that would be cool hehe [img]tongue.gif[/img]
After seing pictures of you on the Oasis you must be the # 1 here sweetie!!!
Getting brownie points are ya mega. I 've seen meg and he is a stud muffin.(Did I say that out loud)
Old 10-06-2004, 01:46 AM   #117
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

You know, you don't have to rate only one person, you can rate everyone...
Old 10-06-2004, 02:58 AM   #118
Melusine
Dracolisk

Awww, Aaron's MAD [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img]

I agree and I disagree. I agree because in part that could be what people use that site for, and I disagree because as Wendy says, a lot of people just use it for fun. I for one am not that insecure actually, and I don't think anyone on IWs added their picture out of insecurity or pathetic attention-seeking either. Also, isn't the entire internet used in the way you are railing against? I've seen plenty of people seeking attention and approval through their behaviour on forums, through homepages of their own, etc. I think you're getting just a *little* too worked up over this... but then you were probably drunk right? [img]tongue.gif[/img] Anyway in the end I don't think it's quite as bad a site as you make it out to be, because I doubt ALL people on it are pitiful insecure attentionwhores, and because the ones that ARE don't need this site to look for attention - people use forums for that just as much.
Old 10-06-2004, 03:29 AM   #119
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Thought the clues would be enough, I'm relaxus [img]smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
Depends on your definition of human
I'd rather say it is the nature of a hopeless herd-animal to seek approval from its peers.
Humans, to me, define the ideals for their herd subjects to apply and compare themselves to. Humans do not seek approval, humans do not need approval. Hell, the concept of social 'approval' doesn't even enter their minds when determining their conduct.
Hopeless herd animals are what we are Hierophant, if you haven't noticed. It's a pretty thought that we would be advanced enough to define our own ideals, but we're all hopeless victims of the ideals of society. So tell me why seeking the approval of others isn't a natural behaviour for us? We do it all the time in many different ways, even those who deny their need to be approved by others have been shaped by the approval and disapproval they've received in their lives. What I can say about Hot or Not is that it certainly wont improve your self-confidence, no matter how high people rate you, I know it didn't do squat for me. I doubt that a site like this can have much influence either way on normal people, it's "inconsequential".
Old 10-06-2004, 03:58 AM   #120
Link
Jack Burton

Clues? What clues? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Goal: Beijing 2008