Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2002, 02:58 PM   #1
Sigmar
Unicorn

Transformers as a kid I used to love them, they were the coolest creation of all time.I watched the entire series, collected both the U.S and U.K comic strip and I collected the toys too [img]smile.gif[/img]

I was suddnely overwhelmed with nostalgia so i decided to post a thread about them, do you have any transformer stories to share? Which is your favourite one, your favourite ephisode your favourite transformer anything!?

As long as it's transformer related it can be posted here [img]smile.gif[/img]

My favourite transformer is Ironhide btw, shame he had to die

BTW-has anyone read those new dreamwave transformer comics, if so how are they?
Old 09-02-2002, 03:11 PM   #2
Grojlach
Zartan

There's a new transformers series now, first episode aired two weeks ago... It's called Armada and unless you happen to like Digimon, it kinda blows.
And the Dreamwave comics are a huge disappointment in my opinion, there is too much focus on the drawings and way too little on the storyline. It's better than nothing, but I prefer the old comics without a doubt.
Old 09-03-2002, 12:44 AM   #3
Deathbringer

I still have the 1hour 30 minute transformer movie! I used to love transformers. They were the best

Old 09-03-2002, 12:47 AM   #4
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

The new transformer series blows eh? Hmm, I haven't seen it yet but too bad it couldn't live up to the standards of Beast Wars and Beast Machines, two of the best animated series I've seen. I've read the dreamwave comics as well, although Pat Lee's art is fantastic the story leaves much to be desired.

And um, my favourite Decepticon is Soundwave and my favourite Autobot is Ultra Magnus. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2002, 01:51 AM   #5
LennonCook
Jack Burton

I loved beast wars
Good story line, and the bonus of excelent graphics- two in one [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2002, 03:30 AM   #6
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

You might like this
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=5136
a pretty good tribute.
Personally I always thought soundwave was the coolest.
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightful place as master of all I survey.

Play games win prizes completely free. http://teet.net/af/bd395b7216
So far I've won an 8gb ipod nano and an acer inspire netbook
Old 09-03-2002, 04:48 AM   #7
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

YEAH! TRANSFORMERS!!!
They were seriously my heroes when I was a kid. Every action figure an idol, every comic a holy bible.
When I was eight years old I saw 'The Movie' for the first time and bawled my eyes out when Optimus Prime died. Ahhhh, sweet nostalgia.

Fav Autobot: Optimus Prime (of course!), or possibly Grimlock, or maybe Blur, or Wreck-Gar. jeeze, I can't decide, they were all so cool.
Fav Decepticon: Either Megatron or Starscream. Galvatron never did it for me.
Old 09-03-2002, 05:27 AM   #8
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:

When I was eight years old I saw 'The Movie' for the first time and bawled my eyes out when Optimus Prime died. Ahhhh, sweet nostalgia.

Actually I first saw the movie when I was seven, that got me too. I mean he was the hero it was like the golden rule, Prime couldn't die, the movie proved me wrong.

But it got to me more when Ironhide, Ratchet, Prowl and Brawn hit the dust in the shuttle, nearly all my favourite autobots died in the movie!(especially Ironhide)

And the fact that Windcharger and Wheeljack's deaths in the movie wasn't even explained

My favourite decepticon is Shockwave, ahh cold merciless logic, how refreshing
Old 09-03-2002, 08:32 AM   #9
Deathbringer

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:

Actually I first saw the movie when I was seven, that got me too. I mean he was the hero it was like the golden rule, Prime couldn't die, the movie proved me wrong.

But it got to me more when Ironhide, Ratchet, Prowl and Brawn hit the dust in the shuttle, nearly all my favourite autobots died in the movie!(especially Ironhide)

And the fact that Windcharger and Wheeljack's deaths in the movie wasn't even explained

My favourite decepticon is Shockwave, ahh cold merciless logic, how refreshing
[/QUOTE]Wow, that brings back memories. And yes all my fav's died in that shuttle as well. That movie was really powerful! - In that I mean, to a kid watching that movie it was more depressing than a family pet dieing and more exciting and entertaining than any computer game at Christmas! It really hit you as a kid and it will stay in your mind forever.
Ya know, I might play it again on the weekend and remember my childhood days

Old 09-03-2002, 08:40 AM   #10
Sigmar
Unicorn

I watched it this morning again, it's incredible the amount of memories that resurface...you wouldn't believe it... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ironhide-"Every time I see those decepticons clogging up the monitors Prime, my curcuits sizzle...when are we gonna fight back!"

And I was thinking upon seeing the movie again..what the hell happened to Shockwave? You see him leading the decepticon atack on Unicron at the end but then he's never seen again, in the following episodes. Don't tell me he died there too

Great movie, I recomemend seeing it again.