Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2001, 12:41 PM   #21
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

As they awaken in the morning,
(still in separate rooms, because they are not married yet), Larry and Mistral find the above mentioned display and gifts.
Suprised at how fast the news got out, Neither one said anything for a few minutes, but simply gazed at the beautiful sight before them. Finally, Larry spoke up.

"Friend of your's???"
"I thought you knew who did this..."
"I haven't a clue...hey, want some breakfast?"
"Not Wyvern eggs again, I hope..."
"No, better! Turtle soup!"
"I'm going to be sick!"

And so, Larry and Mistral eat breakfast, Larry with his soup and Mistral with her bread and honey. After that, they decide to make the final tidyings on the tavern before they leave. Mistral wanted to look for an appropriate dress for the upcoming occasion. Larry insisted on traveling with her, though he would not be witness to the actual dress she would pick out. The wedding plan consisted of their few friends that could make it on the following night. It would be held at the tavern, before it was open to the public. After that, Mistral and Larry would move into Mistral's family home.
She had decided to give up her life of adventure and stay at home, tending to the garden they would grow and watching over the estate. Larry would seek employment, probably with Spree and Detier first, at their tavern. He hoped to be of use to Spree in some fashion. If she did not hire him, he would find work elsewhere.

OOC>>>Mistral...since you are not going to be around much anymore except on weekends, I thought that this was the best way to take you out of the story, once we are wed. I will still be easily accessible to Spree and Maverick if I work at the tavern so that Spree can continue her main story line. I can even dual wield Shatter if needed, if you are unable to be in that part of the story, since my ranger has that ability bonus. If Spree needs you in the story, then you can always find a reason to come visting at the tavern on the right day.
Does everybody like this plan???
If not, do you have a better one?

PS>>>Thanks for the mirrors! You are wonderful!

[ 11-09-2001: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]

Old 11-09-2001, 03:59 PM   #22
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

OOC: Hi! I'm back! Browser problems have not been solved yet. Netscape still dies regularly. If I don't post for a while, it's likely I'll be on AIM or MSN trying to cope with IW deprivation because Netscape isn't working AGAIN.

Kaz was just about to go towards Neb when she he ran into the mind flayer. Readying a spell, Kaz prepared to aid him when she saw another mind flayer approaching. Neb had not seen it yet. Casting the Acid Arrow spell she had readied, it hit the Mind Flayer. It hissed in pain and started towards her, apparently not seriously injured. Frantically, Kaz tried to think of another spell. Hurling Magic Missiles also did not seem to disturb it greatly. In desperation, she unleashed a Disintegrate spell. The monster collapsed in a heap of dust...
Looking towards Neb, she saw that he had finished off the other mind flayer as well. A third one was crouched over what looked like the corpse of a man. Judging by Neb's furious expression, he'd known him.
Old 11-09-2001, 04:56 PM   #23
Pysco
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
OOC>>>I am not staying around late tonight.
I am still working on my project due in International Business.

By the way...I like the title, too!
I hope your boyfriend is aware that at least two moderators and the Webmaster enjoy reading our posts, and his spamming and use of vulgarity will be strictly prohibited. Ziroc can do some interesting things to his Internet access...more than he realizes.
Deiter...don't let his lingering presence get you down...if my own wife can tolerate what I am doing, then he can also understand what RPG stands for.

EDIT...This is the specific post I am referring to.

Yes...we can stop you from coming here. Calm yourself down. If you care anything about K. Spree, then you will quit embarrasing her like this.

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]

LOL you wish.. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2001, 05:18 PM   #24
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

(ooc: Thanks Larry. I think he needs to realize I'll get rid of him before my role-playing. This is really important to me due to my aspiriations of world domination... I mean... Being an author. Hey I get on the Oprah book club list and it's the same thing, right?!

OK then ya'll, time for a dream-sequence!!! ~twilight zone music~ Dream is in silver, her talking in dream is default, reality is green.)

~In this dream state she yawns. She was surrounded by wood on all side. A path stretched in front of her, as well as behind. She shrugged her shoulders, at ease in the forest as she walked along the path.~"I feel as if I've walked this path before." ~She looked around quizically, a dagger in the ground catching her eye. Her eyes stopped, but her feet didn't.~ "Huh..." ~She continued along the path. She stopped at a crossroad.~ "East, or west... Or do I turn back to the south?" ~She looked over her shoulder, then down each path. They all seemed identical.~"Well... I suppose I can leave it to chance." ~Suddenly three flashes of light appeared, one to the right, one to the left, one behind.~

~She stirs a bit, drawing the blanket closer to her. A confused look crosses her unconcious face.~
Old 11-09-2001, 05:34 PM   #25
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Killing Spree:
This is really important to me due to my aspiriations of world domination...

ooc: Trying to take over the world eh?

Deiter went off to his room and sat down on his bed.
What a day.....first I see my father...then Gelvin... He shakes his head slightly, as if to clear the memories of them a way. "Nothing is ever easy..." He said quietly then went to bed.
Old 11-09-2001, 06:12 PM   #26
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

(ooc: It all started when my uncle began calling me Mr. Bigglesworth...)

~The flashes subside. Three familiar shadows cast themselves before her. She looked confused at each.~ "Who?" ~The shadows stood un-moving before her. A voice filled her head.~ "The choice is yours. Follow your gut, leave it to chance, or find some off-wall reason to it all. There will be no bend in fate." ~She looks to the sky for the source of the voice. She then looked on at the three shillouettes.~"I know you all... But from where?"~The shadows begin to walk down their seperate paths and suddenly, falling.~

~She jolts awake, looking around the room startled. She held her hend to her heart until it steadied. She exhaled.~ "Interesting dream... Perhaps a prophecy of choices to come?" ~She put her feet to the wooden floor, stepping out of bed.~ "Hmmm... Ah well. I suppose I should get to work." ~She started down the stairs, calling out.~ "Anybody up?"
Old 11-09-2001, 06:18 PM   #27
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Sephi finally rose up out of his bed, despite the fact that it was nearing the afternoon. He hadn't slept like that in... ten years, maybe. He looked back at the bed, and noticed that there was another person there... and easily recognized her as Jaclyn. Hmm, perhaps I sleep better when I'm around her... hopefully it doesn't make me lax though... He yawned and walked out of his room into the main lobby. Looking around, he quickly spotted some of his friends and went over to talk to them.
Old 11-09-2001, 06:19 PM   #28
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

ooc: Lol

Deiter had not been able to sleep well and woke up early. He went outside his room to see Chani walking down the stairs asking if anyone was up. "Good morning." He said to her as he came up from behind.
Old 11-09-2001, 06:32 PM   #29
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

~She looked over at him, reaching the end of the stairway.~ "Mornin' Leafblade!" ~She smiled wide, acting jovial in spite of the odd dream.~ "Want somethin' to eat?" ~She glared as her stomach growled in protest of not being fed.~

(ooc: Sadly, there were no pop-tarts during this time period. I think I'm gonna cry! )
Old 11-09-2001, 06:56 PM   #30
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

ooc: Thats horrible! No pop-tarts [img]smile.gif[/img]

Deiter nodded"Sure." He looked around the tavern and saw Larry and Mistral already up eating breakfast. "Mornin' guys." He said to them as he sat down at a table across from theirs.

[ 11-09-2001: Message edited by: Deiter Leafblade ]