Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-15-2000, 09:40 AM   #1
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Ah, that's right friends, the Story Archive has received its biggest update since its inception! (or is that conception? or contraception? What ever the case.)
Here's a taste of the succulent things awaiting you at the archive!

* new member!! That's right, the lovely miss lily, part time exotic para-trooper, part time writer, has contributed her considerable talents to our humble site! Come share in the strange goings-on in the first part of her tale, The Ranger's Journal!

* new chapter of the Serpent Queen by Gaijin! As the party works their way deeper into the temple's befouled core, what new terrors await them?

* poll update! Another surprise upset.. while the book of sun and the book of monkey were duking it out for first place, the Book of Spirit snuck in the back door and is now in the lead!

Here, I must input something, friends; we've had 34 votes in this poll, and over 400 visitors! (That's in just 4 days.. not too shabby!) That means.. let me do the math here.. divide by 7, carry the three, adjust for pi.. that means that less than 10% of you are voting! Note that I have NO ad banners on the site, or advertisements ..I can't stand 'em! So do me a favor, and vote in the polls. You'll get that warm fuzzy feeling, knowing you brought a tear of joy to ol' freud's eye!

* over 100 votes in the problem poll! Now that's more like it. Long-winded NPCs have surged ahead!

Check it out!
Wizards and Warriors Story Archive
Old 11-15-2000, 09:45 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

(muttering to self) If only 10% are voting then I can stuff the ballot box and no one will be the wiser!

Vote early! Vote Often!

Wyv
Old 11-15-2000, 09:53 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

slip -

I know I put in at least one comment on one poll and it very nicely showed me the same comment when it displayed the results of that poll directly after I had finished voting and typing in said comment BUT when I go to view the results now I see no comments and somehow I think the comments might be well worth reading. (nice run on and on and on sentence, eh?)
Why don't comments display???

I had an idea for next weeks polls the other night, a really great idea. When I remember it, I'll suggest it to you!

Wyv
Old 11-15-2000, 10:06 AM   #4
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

That's the kind of can-do spirit we need around here, Wyv
Old 11-15-2000, 10:08 AM   #5
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Hmm.. I'll look into that, Wyv. Right now, in fact! I wasn't aware they weren't displaying.
And feel free to submit any and poll ideas.. this goes for everyone! We could have a poll for the poll! *cackle* Help, I'm going insane!! Hehe
Old 11-15-2000, 10:12 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Reason I asked about the comments is that the Dragon is really my very favorite "ambient" life form in the game! (I have no natural bias in this choice! ha!) I could just watch him fly around forever!

It was a nifty idea for a poll but escaped to the back of my brain somewhere. If I am patient it will work itself forward.

Wyv
Old 11-15-2000, 10:16 AM   #7
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Well, I reset one of the settings.. it looks like if you click on "comments" (next to the input box) it will allow you to view comments.. I'm showing 3 comments on the book pool, 1 on the problem poll, and 1 on the life poll.. doh! I forgot rats.
Old 11-15-2000, 10:20 AM   #8
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Kewell!! Glad you were so easily able to make the comments visable!!
We're off to the eye doctor's to get new reading glasses (yeah!)

Catch you later!!
Scronan is online!!

Later this message will be of no importance at all so why can't I set a self destruct timer??

30 minutes and counting .......