Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-20-2001, 04:46 AM   #1
Trunks the Fighter
Dungeon Master

Are they really worth it????I want to start a new game when tob comes out with one but there is no point if they will constantly kill our own party members.
And whats with this rumor about selecting a half-elf conjurer which can turn into a wild mage?????!!!!does it work?

thanx everyone
Old 06-20-2001, 05:31 AM   #2
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

***bump***

------------------

Bruce The Aussie, Camp Barbarian Hunter OHF
jester of LH and Master Beastmaster of the clan of the Kats
Old 06-20-2001, 06:06 AM   #3
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

If you have the computer pick the spells for you, youŽll get the wild magic spell.

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 paladin of the order of the holy flame.
Old 06-20-2001, 06:10 AM   #4
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

You can use shadowkeeper to get a wild magic spell aswell. I think it's one of the first level spells.
Old 06-20-2001, 06:28 AM   #5
Trunks the Fighter
Dungeon Master

what exactly does the spell do???? Is it a spell that turns you into a wild mage? or just a wild mage spell?
Old 06-20-2001, 07:17 AM   #6
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

here's the description from shadowkeepwer;

Nahal's Reckless Dweomer* (Invocation/Evocation)
Level: 1
Range: Special
Duration: Special
Casting Time: 5
Area of Effect: Special
Saving Throw: Special

This spell is the wild mage's ultimate last-resort spell. When cast, the mage releases a sudden flood of wild magical energy in the hope of seizing and shaping that energy into a desired spell effect. The attempt usually fails, but something almost always occurs in the process.
Before casting the spell, the mage announces the spell effect he is trying to create. The mage must be able to cast the spell (i.e., have it in his spellbook), but need not have it memorized. After announcing the spell (along with the target and any other conditions required by the spell), the wild mage casts Nahal's reckless dweomer. A burst of magical energy is released, which the wild mage tries to manipulate into the desired form. The actual effect of the spell is determined randomly.

Because the release of energy is planned by the mage, his level is added to the dice roll. If the result indicates success, the mage has shaped the magical energy into the desired effect. More often than not, the effect is completely unexpected. The result may be beneficial to the mage or it may be completely disastrous; this is the risk the mage takes in casting Nahal's reckless dweomer.

I assume you are only allowed to put it in your spell book if you are a wild mage.
Old 06-20-2001, 07:24 AM   #7
Trunks the Fighter
Dungeon Master

Thank you.... i await the arrival of bg2tob.

By the way....where did you get that info?
Old 06-20-2001, 09:00 AM   #8
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Trunks the Fighter:
Thank you.... i await the arrival of bg2tob.

By the way....where did you get that info?
I was just looking through the items/spells in ShadowKeeper, which if you don't know is a little program that lets you fiddle about with characters stats, inventory etc... It lets you view all the items that exist BG2. It's quite usefull if you loose something by mistake, but it can really spoil your gaming if you haven't played through a couple of times.

There were also a couple of other spells that don't appear in the game;
Summon Cow There were two types of this. One drops a cow on the targetted person (I believe this was in BG1 aswell). The other kill all non-party people on a whole map, which in most cases drops your rep to 1 instantly.
MDKThere were 2 of these, both just crashed my game. I would be interested to hear if it is supposed to do this, or there is another effect.

Old 06-20-2001, 09:12 AM   #9
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Staralfur:
I was just looking through the items/spells in ShadowKeeper, which if you don't know is a little program that lets you fiddle about with characters stats, inventory etc... It lets you view all the items that exist BG2. It's quite usefull if you loose something by mistake, but it can really spoil your gaming if you haven't played through a couple of times.

There were also a couple of other spells that don't appear in the game;
Summon Cow There were two types of this. One drops a cow on the targetted person (I believe this was in BG1 aswell). The other kill all non-party people on a whole map, which in most cases drops your rep to 1 instantly.
MDKThere were 2 of these, both just crashed my game. I would be interested to hear if it is supposed to do this, or there is another effect.

-----------------------------------------------------------
just follow this link: http://www.tgeweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/No...ML/000002.html

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 paladin of the order of the holy flame.