Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker

Old 06-24-2003, 10:25 PM   #1
Steve McDonald
The Magister

There doesn't seem to be a way to change the way walls appear in area view. Maybe I've missed this but I can't work out how to do it. The Default Area View file which includes walls does not seem to be used. It would be good if you could at least specify a colour for walls, rather than just plain white.

Anothery: when the map is set to automapping, you can only see the square which you're in and the walls right next to that square. It would be good if all squares adjacent (but not on the other side of a wall or door) also showed up in area view as part of auto-mapping.
Steve McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 05:48 PM   #2
Tarlanon
Manshoon

A couple of things I would love to see in DC are :

1) Monster AI script support - Give the designer the ability to 'fine tune' the AI of the baddies in combat.
2) More option for backgrounds other than just a 'Night and Day' pics and times to use them. This would be very helpful for simulating weather and other types of effects.

Of course, my ultimate wish is for DC to continue for ever and ever.
Old 06-25-2003, 07:34 PM   #3
Joerg
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ah, the old wishlist... I like to repeat all my old wishes:

FOB - Fog of Battle: The ability to grey out parts of overland-maps that have not been visited. At least the ability to grey out certain areas of the map that weren't visited - or water would remain grey forever.

The ability to restrict travel in certain areas unless the group has a certain item (a boat/car/hoverbike/radsuit)

The ability to have weapons with magazines, that can be refilled with other magazines.

The ability to have weapons fire spelleffects instead of a shot, making grenade-launchers and missile-launchers possible.

Weapons that cause a spell-effect when impacting on a target after being thrown - making handgrenades possible.

An exact way of solving the damage from ranged weapons: Range, accuracy and damage-bonus from the weapon - damage and maybe a range-bonus from the ammunition.

A lot of premade spell-scripts as I am to stupid to understand the GDPL-Script or any other scripting-system.

The ability to make backgrounds directional for North/South/East/West

The ability to use Alpha-channels, so that Ziroc gets his Targa-files. (OK ok... I could very well use it too...)

The ability to give an event a graphical representation on the 3D-map. I like to add special walls that look like people, to give my cities more life of their own. I would love to be able to add this kind of representation to an event.

The option to change the looks of a wallset by the time of day like it is possible for backgrounds. This would allow for torches to be lit at night...

A lot of things... But no need to hurry with anything. It's all just things I am fantasizing about.
Joerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 06:41 AM   #4
subsub
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1) the monster AI thing already mentioned. (the combat engine is the best part of the game i reckon)

2) critical hits in combat (when a natural 20 is rolled?) doing 2x dmg maybe? maybe even have fumbles..?

3) monsters/chars could get knocked back a space when/if hit hard enough

4) items maybe being destroyed/damaged by attacks (ie: dragon breath)

5) monsters that can drain magic weapons (just the "to-hit" and "damage" bonus) and/or armors

6) monsters that can join the party! (can npc's be monsters like dragonbait in the UA engine?)

7) possible link to monster abilities/item abilities? (ie: so a sword can maybe invoke a dragon breath attack, or level-drain attack?)

are these types of items possible?

a wearable item that (has a % chance to) intercept and STORE a spell effect incoming from an enemy spellcaster? (not an area effect like a fireball cast NEXT to the character) the charge remaining for the duration of combat only.

same as above but (% chance) reflects back incoming spell effect?

a weapon that causes _various_ effects? (ie: if it hits maybe poisons, paralyzes, stones, wounds, severs, confuses, charms, etc?)

..heh that's all for now thnx for your time
Old 07-04-2003, 03:48 PM   #5
Joerg
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Isn't it possible to give a spell-effect a script? With a script it should be possible to destroy certain items on the group. With a comparable script it should be possible to exchange items. You could exchange a +2 sword with a +1 sword to simulate a drain attack.

You could use an item that gives 100% magic resistance. Maybe it is possible to have the item repeat the last spell that was cast and repeat it - targeted at the original caster. If this is possible, it should be able to immitate a ring of spell reflection. (Or maybe it should just work like the Gaze-Reflection function.)

I guess most things may be scripted - however we could all use someone with a deeper understanding of GDPL-scripting and maybe some simple example-scripts that even a programming-challenged person like me can understand.
Joerg is offline   Reply With Quote