Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2005, 12:23 PM   #1
Meat Thirsty Hogulus
Welcomed New User

Is there no / little combat music in icewind dale, or is it just my computer? I have checked all of my audio settings in and out of the game, but when i encouter enemies in the game i hear no music. If it is already playing the easthaven theme and i am fighting goblins (in easthaven obviously) it just keeps on playing the happy song while my 1st level pansies get hewn apart. If this is design, its crappy. Somehow i don't think it is design though, black isle rocks (rocked) to much to have been this dumb, so im thinking my pc and the game just aren't agreeing on something. Does anyone else have this problem and or know what it might be. Because if neverwinter nights music was screwing up, i wouldn't have wasted time posting someplace about it, because the music isn't hot stuff to begin with, but i've listened to the soundtrack and icewind dales music is spiffy stuff. I found someplace else someone saying something (you like that aliteration? yeah?) about the area files being screwed up on his computer and the "battle song reference number" line being set to -1 instead of the actual song tag for most every area in the game (hence no battle music). This is all well and good if i new how the hell one goes about changing area files. I tried near infinity, but have no idea how to access the area files in it. They just appear blank. Anyway, this has been long and most all of the few people who started reading this have likely already stopped, so i will too.
Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me on this. All of your wildest dreams will come true.

[ 07-22-2005, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: Meat Thirsty Hogulus ]
Old 07-22-2005, 05:34 PM   #2
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Hmm, when I went thru IWD I don't remember any music problems. Are you fully patched?

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 10:09 PM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Sounds like a configuration setting issue. Go to your IWD configuration( from the Windows Start Menu) and check your sound settings.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote