Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-25-2001, 07:25 PM   #1
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

A flying ship circles the bar.
The ship parks at the back of the bar.
Out comes.... The long awaited return of ...... The Big G, Gwhanos, lord Of Evil!
G: MWAHAHAHAHA! Ah, yes, the Bar!
HenchMen: Whhhhhhy aaare weeee sssstoppping herrrre bossss?
G: Because I am told to "guard" it MWHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
HenchMen: YOU GO EVIL ONE!
Gwhanos storms into the bar, and says to a member of his forces "Bring me the the throne......
Henchmen: YES SIR!
*out pops out a golden throne with rubies and emralds and all sorts of jewels incrested onto the throne.
G: HAHAHAHA! The REIGN OF KARRAX ENDS TODAY!
Making the Bar into a makeshift fortress (special insta walls and guards) Gwhanos sits at 10 tables moved together to mkae a conference room.
They plan strategies and such.

------------------
Will the real cheesy lich stop using timestop, stop using time stop, YEAH BABY! :1diablo:

Old 06-25-2001, 07:27 PM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

What is this thread, Gwhanos?

------------------
Old 06-25-2001, 07:29 PM   #3
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

What are you doing?
Old 06-25-2001, 07:34 PM   #4
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

Since Im obivously not allowed to play in Ls's game, i have made my own

------------------
Will the real cheesy lich stop using timestop, stop using time stop, YEAH BABY! :1diablo:

Old 06-25-2001, 07:36 PM   #5
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

The "bar" is now a barracks.

------------------

Old 06-25-2001, 07:40 PM   #6
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I don't think he wanted to let you join simply because you will not follow the rules. He tells you not to use a godly character, and you went and made another one. Maybe if you follow the rules a little better, he'd let you join in.
Old 06-25-2001, 07:44 PM   #7
Tancred
White Dragon

I think you are allowed to be in the game, as it were, Gwhanos. The confusion appears to have sprung from the fact that the 'nature' of the bar has changed. Far from being a place to hang out, never be killed and come into conflict with all manner of strange beings, the Bar has shifted into something of a more conventional RPG, with a story as such, where mortality is suddenly on everyone's minds and escape from some dungeon is our priority. At the moment, no-one's actually IN the bar, and as your character materialised in the bar, there's very little for your character to do. I daresay that if you abide by the rules, see Lord Shield as the nominal GM (Games Master) and respect the ongoing narrative and story that the thread is developing, everything will be all right.
For example, Tancred the Paladin is mourning over the apparent 'death' of his sentient sword, Skye is suddenly rather attracted to the new elvish member of the team, someone was performing evil experiments on Wah and Melusine is wondering where Lords Shield and Thought could possibly be. The rest of the party are bending their energies towards finding a way out. These things haven't been created by Lord Shield, for the most part - they are all examples of how the 'cast' of characters are moving the story along themselves. Try to do something similar and life will be grand. But, as a stroy has emerged, there is less room now for everything else, and alas that includes speculation upon the nature and relative power of progressively more potent characters. Looking at this dungeon and the circumstances that surround it, any abilities that are magic-based will be largely useless, so - for example - Ditl would have to fight his way along without calling upon any of his awesome repertoire of clerical magic.
Old 06-25-2001, 08:38 PM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Gwhanos, please don't start up a new roleplaying thread (one is enough ). That's what the BG2 Bar is for. I don't want roleplaying threads to start cropping up everywhere here.

Lord Shield is the co-proprietor of the BG2 Bar (with Melusine) because I trust his judgment and trust him to do the right thing. If you have an issue with him please email me and let me know exactly what the issue is.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 06-25-2001).]