Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2000, 07:23 PM   #21
Ertai, Wizard Adept

Yes Wah, and i think my favourite spell level 9 will be TIME STOP, its seems quite cool. The s*cking liches use it and it s*cks !! And also Ive noticed that you havent written contingency or sequencer. I think they arent so good because you are using a level 7-8 spell to memorize a level 1-6 spell !! I prefer to use something else (this Abi Dalzim thing sounds fine).

Old 12-18-2000, 07:27 PM   #22
Melusine
Dracolisk

Well but I did: I listed Sequencer, Contingency AND Chain Contingency they are really helpful for reducing casting time and hitting someone for a lot of damage at once (sequencer) and for a quick protection of your character when you don't want to be wasting your time during a fight casting defensive spells. incidentally I only use these spells from scrolls so I do not waste any memorization slots on them
Old 12-18-2000, 07:29 PM   #23
Ertai, Wizard Adept

And about the sunray, I know it hurts my party but the most exciting thing for Ertai is to cast some protective spells (typical mirror image and stone skin) and go alone to meet some enemies, toast them with sunray or chain lightning and finally kill the few that might have survived with magic missiles !!
About level one, dont forget sleep. Its fun to cast cloudkill and then sleep and go drink something while your enemies sleep to death !! Anyway it works better with emotion (and i suppose it would work better with some high level spell that i still havent).
And agannazar s*cks (damn ive got to stop saying that)

Old 12-18-2000, 07:46 PM   #24
Holy Mage Wah

yeah, I love time stop - in fact I made a whole thread on what people would cast and do during the time stop period.

One of my favourites was from Memnoch was it? or was it Armisael?

Cast time stop - then release triple chain lightning trigger, then abi dalzim (wearing robe of vecna), then sunray as many times as you can.

Boy!! don't calculate the hit dice for that kinda damage or you'll be getting migraines!!