Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 08:25 AM   #31
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Default Re: A fine example of modern barbarism..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestormalpha View Post
You missed the point at the end of my last comment. The point being more a question of what are we accomplishing by batting this back and forth here? If you don't like it and want to help change it, its not going to happen by debating it here. Basically, if it bugs you so much, do something about it or stop talking about it. Words without action equals nothing, in otherwords a huge waste of time and space.
Yeah, you are right. Action speaks louder than words. We should do something about this. We should all march to the Saudi's Embassy with guns, knives, molotov cocktails and demand that they change their laws immediately. If not, we'll torch the embassy down to the ground. After that we'll tie everyone who works in the embassy to the trees and beat the bejesuss out of them. Next we'll burn effigies of the Saudi's royal family and threaten every Saudi's nationals with death threat.

Yeah, that'll show them how non barbaric and civilize we are.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:53 AM   #32
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion

Egads, I never suggested that, I'm just saying that sitting here prattling amongst ourselves doesn't change anything.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 10:12 AM   #33
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestormalpha View Post
Egads, I never suggested that, I'm just saying that sitting here prattling amongst ourselves doesn't change anything.
I don't think carpet bombing them with angry, yet polite letters does either. Prattling amongst ourselves does not change anything, which makes it a lot better than most alternatives.

Last edited by Iron Greasel; 11-28-2007 at 10:14 AM.
Iron Greasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 10:54 AM   #34
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion

But it doesn't make it any less pointless.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:22 PM   #35
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Fair enough, Firestormalpha. But to me, this thread wasn't meant to change the world. I just enjoy debating for the sake of debating. I apologise if I gave anyone the impression I was on a witch-hunt against those who do not agree with me. Quite the opposite, I'm eager to learn how people come to certain conclusions. After all, if enough people believe it, there must be something to it.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 03:42 AM   #36
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

too close to topic of religion so im staying out of it. suffice to say i dont agree with it so im not planning to visit any middle eastern country anytime soon. Those fashion police is crazy (i think thats in pakistan)

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote