Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2002, 08:32 PM   #41
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Well, seeing as how I could not join in the fun last night I spent some time learning the toolset. Hopefully, I'll be able to join you folks sooner rather than later, but until then I'll have to settle for honing my module building skills. Who knows - maybe by the time Bioware fixes the balckscreen issue for multiplayer we just might have our own module to bash monsters in [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]

BTW - Welcome, Sephiroth [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Cyril Darkcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 09:01 PM   #42
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I'm really sorry you couldn't join us, Cyril but hopefully you'll be able to do so real soon [img]smile.gif[/img] Anyway, we're only playing like once a week, so you're not missing too much action (the game crashed a few times so we had to redo a couple of quests).

Alright, I'm now considering how I should play the game without causing my own screen to start crashing or freezing unnecessarily. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that I'd be better off dealing melee damage. So I could be a fighter, monk, ranger or paladin. (This is based on my hope that Sephi will be a wizard or sorceror to assume that area of expertise.)

If, on the other hand, no one else is keen to play a spellcaster and we agree on the need for one, then I'll gladly continue with my existing character.

Everyone, please speak up and let me know your thoughts on this!
mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 11:05 PM   #43
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

That sounds okay, Mistral. I was also thinking of starting a new character, and Cyril has suggested trying a barbarian as that is the way I act when I play...I run in and kill. Well, tonight, Sephiroth joined me, Spree, and Deiter online...but it was laggy as hell! Does Sephi have dial-up? Anyway, we still did alright, though the game crashes now for it's own amusement, much to our dismay. (I wonder if others read this, and are enjoying hearing of our misadventures...?)...well...we tried to do the docks tonight, but too many crashes caused me to lose heart real fast. I know that all these hard-reboots are not good for the hard-drive. I must be killing my machine.

Cyril and I tried again to connect, and even went as far as trying Dungeon Siege...which does not rely on that shit GameSpy, so it would be more probable that he would connect. he got accepted into the game, but the game would not actually let him in..and booted him out. He has two I.P. address, (internal and external from his home), and the area he lives in seems to be the reason he cannot connect. If I were he, I would be screaming at somebody. I hope he can get it figured out SOON.

Sephi, thanks for having the patience you gave me for not contacting you last night to play online. I hope what little we did tonight made up for it, and you are continually welcome in ourn Guild...which should be renamed "The Crashers".
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 11:21 PM   #44
mistral4543

Larry - Check your PM. I posted you smtg.
Old 07-15-2002, 01:25 AM   #45
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Mistral, NWN seems to be no different from any other rpg in that at lower levels spell using characters tend to take a back seat to those classes which are geared to physical combat. That will change as the opponents get tougher, however.

If the issue is a matter of not moving through the interface quickly enough to choose and cast spells in real time, that might be solved by having Larry briefly pause the game at the beginning of combat to allow you a chance to choose a spell and select a target.

The other question, of course, is what is the playing style of the party? If the style is full-speed ahead all guns blazing -- which might be the only real option with laggy connections -- then a fighter type might be the way to go. Assuming that I'll be able to join you guys sooner rather than later, I can put a spell casting character together for use down the road.
Old 07-15-2002, 09:19 AM   #46
mistral4543

Thanks, Cyril Well, in the single-player mode I would definitely opt for spellcasting, but in the multi-player... it would just be too painful for the rest [img]tongue.gif[/img] And it might even be a welcome change. I kinda like the idea of charging in and wiping out pesky creatures too

I do hope you'll be able to join us real soon [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2002, 11:12 PM   #47
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

As agreed previously (sorry Sephi for leaving you out...) there will be two games run from my Server. The first one is during the week, when Spree, Deiter, and Sephi want to play. They will have their own game that they are currently involved in. I can host this game if desired... but I do not know if I will have time to play along side your every step. If somebody touches Bacon though, I am coming in with all my fury!

On the weekends, and only when Mistral can join in...we will have a devoted game just for her to be a part of. This game will only be activated when Mistral is online, and we will be using new characters. Anybody that wants in on this can be there.

Cyril is still trying to get his PC problems worked out. At the moment, he is working on a Module that is based on a RP game Hazardous Times that is found in the RP forum.

I will be gone until the weekend, and hopefully will be back in time and have my new system running for this weekend's extravaganza. I will of course notify you all the moment I am ready to begin play.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 10:27 PM   #48
mistral4543

Thanks, everyone

And now... announcing Project Wolf [img]smile.gif[/img]

I have spoken to Deiter and Spree that I am going to create a module on the original KFA and OEW stories. Of course, due to the terrible eye strain I am under, I will only be working over the weekends sparingly, so progress will be slow [img]tongue.gif[/img]

The module will not be perfect or ambitious, since I am really going to be starting from zero knowledge. What I hope to achieve is the creation of the setting in which our epic adventures took place. There will be minor NPCs who help to enhance the atmosphere of the world, but the main characters will not be there. I'll probably put posts (when I've figured out how [img]graemlins/reallyroll.gif[/img] ) somewhat like "this is where the quick-tempered Mistral screamed at her newfound companions, only to be kidnapped moments later"

Deiter has kindly agreed to help find the hyperlinks to all the previous threads (back to those on KFA in the SOA forum). And Spree has also kindly agreed to email me any information she has on scripting, etc.

Wish me luck, everyone, cos this already seems overwhelming and ...well... I hope it turns out alright... [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2002, 03:20 PM   #49
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Luck duly wished your way, Mistral [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]

I'll be happy to help you out in whatever way I can so feel free to get in touch with me. I hope to have the module I've been putting together in simple playable form in another week or so.
Old 07-17-2002, 11:04 PM   #50
mistral4543

Thanks, Cyril To tell you the truth, I'm bursting with a million things to do but the eyes are still kind of holding me back [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]

Ah well, I'd be grateful for any morsel of advice you're willing to impart.. and I do mean anything... you could email me these if there's a lot for me to learn!

I wonder if Larry will be excited about Project Wolf... ~ Glances around impatiently ~ "Larry Silverfall! You come back here right now!!" ~ Face beginning to crumple ~ "I... I'm just his concubine." [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] ~ Whimpering ~