Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2002, 06:36 AM   #11
Deathcow
Elminster

at least we CAN make modules now....im still getting over how cool that is...

think about it, you can make one REALLY tough dragon, or try to fight like 4 at once [img]smile.gif[/img] (oldest dragon alive, and stumbling into a nest of dragons with a mommy and some kids)

just some random ideas...the toolset is great [img]smile.gif[/img]
Deathcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 11:44 AM   #12
Nonsico
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I found dragons rather unimpressive myself, i killed the red and golden dragons because they got stuck and i shot them up with my bow and they couldent touch me.... i reloaded and tried like 5 times same stupid dragon every time... though meleeing them is very tough
Nonsico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 06:52 PM   #13
Grinch
The Magister

Well,my 15th level dwarf fighter is having a heck of a time fighting the dragon (the Ice one). The only thing I have on hand that seems to do damage is Angurvadel,but it's not enough,and not often enough. Anyone have asuggestion for me on this.Tried potions,and die,tried using Tomi w/ranged weapons and died. Beginning to think I need a better weapon to get the job done. What's astral longsword? It's one the few things I have the stuff for.
Old 07-05-2002, 09:28 PM   #14
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

But i thought the Angurvadel was supposed to b like the best sword in the game?? I have blade of the gladiator and thats awesome. Whre is that sword anyway? Benn keepin my ete out for it [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2002, 09:40 PM   #15
Grinch
The Magister

I think I found it in Luskan, in one the High Captain's hideouts. It's a nice little flaming sword,but I really think an axe suits a dwarf better. Have the +2 greataxe that delivers 1D6 acid damage,but it just doesn't seem to touch that rotten dragon,and I chose improved critical on that one too.
Old 07-06-2002, 01:31 AM   #16
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

stupid dragon! I let the dragon follow me up to the cave mouth and guess what? he got himself stuck into a chest. needless to say I and sharwyn just shoot him with my arrows far away. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 05:02 AM   #17
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

well i know this is kinda a spoiler for those who havent got to the end of the game here but towards the end there are the 2 dragons you have to fight and get keys off their bodies. i took them down with my lvl 20 barb with 406 hp(max btw)you can click on the dragon and then examine. it will tell you the difficulty of what your fighting. seriously they both said moderate.1 level above effortless.needless to say they went down with ease and i didnt loss more than 200 hp.on a critical with my stonefire axe+2 i hit usually anywhere from 64-100(i think 100 is max)regular attacks deal 22-40.
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 03:00 PM   #18
Evergreene
The Magister

I have encountered my first dragon in NWN. It is an ice dragon in the Snow Globe cave. Where is the Green Dragon? I am having a tough time killing this thing. I am a level 16 or 17 cleric, have summoned a high level water elemental, am using Tomi the NPC on ranged attack (normally he is on melee). I am using speed, aid, and bless, and can only get as far as injured on the dragon before we are all dead.

Are you guys using cheese tactics? (such as teleporting out, healing and re-buffing, then porting back in to an injured dragon? He seems totally magic resistant, takes very little of the damage we do, ranged or melee. Perhaps i am allowing him to cast his own magic resistance before my nuke is landing? Should i dispell the dragon? what types of bolts are good for him? ( i use crossbow)
Evergreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 03:03 PM   #19
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

I killed that dragon in the snow globe today. stupid creature. was pethetic. even firkaag put up a better fight. that stupid henceman of mine, Linu got herself killed yet again... shes begining to annoy me. she KILLED some stupid NPCs, that were fighting some dire tigers AFTER the tigers had been defeated, she took my allignment DOWN. *grumbles*
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 05:38 PM   #20
ratchild
Manshoon

Hmmmm, i'm finding the dragons in NWN to be much harder to defeat than in SoA, and ToB. As far as them not using anything but melee attacks, the latest patch fixes that. The only dragon i'd had problems with was klauth, and i meleed that one with my druid/ranger w/o any minions, as the fire breath killed them all rather quickly =)