Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 06-20-2002, 05:14 AM   #21
jonny bear
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Err i dont have the game yet as it is not out in england yet, but could someone pls pls pls pls tell me that the rumors about the game not supporting voodoo 3 cards isnt true, i dont have the funds to go out and buy anything else at the moment(being a student = never having no cash)thx.
Old 06-20-2002, 07:49 AM   #22
Lanthir
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by jonny bear:
Err i dont have the game yet as it is not out in england yet, but could someone pls pls pls pls tell me that the rumors about the game not supporting voodoo 3 cards isnt true, i dont have the funds to go out and buy anything else at the moment(being a student = never having no cash)thx.
Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I had a voodoo 4 installed and it did not support it so I had to go out and buy a new card which really sucks as I am getting a new computer with aGForce4 next month. But dam if I was goign to wait till then to play. Found a Gforce2 on sale still a pain though to have forkout the money for it.

[ 06-20-2002, 07:50 AM: Message edited by: Lanthir ]
Old 06-20-2002, 07:53 AM   #23
Lanthir
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
I got my copy also-- $54 at EB. (Had $10 worth of rebate coupons).

I also bought the 2 books -- Worldbuilder and Game. (Mainly for collecting, but I WILL use the Worldbuilder book)--I RARELY buy a walkthrough book.

Anyway, NWN so far has lived up to my expectations, and THAT is hard. It may have a similar interface camera to Dungeon Siege, but NWN makes DS look and feel like an Arcade game.

The interface is more than clicking. It tallies totals, stats and even surprise attacks. JUST like PnP. Totally awesome.

I am about to go look for the escaped Waterdavian creatures. I kinda freaked when I saw an intellect devourer--those dudes are BAD.. lucky he 'escaped'.
Tell me about it When i first saw one I thought OMG I am dead. The game gets better and better as I get use to the interface.

Spolier Spoiler
Spoiler

I love what they did to stop the old let me take all these points from this stat and put them into str who needs to be smart anyway It sort of is a manditory rpg rule to me [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-20-2002, 11:45 AM   #24
Rokenn
Galvatron

I got it [img]smile.gif[/img] Tried out a monk last night. Think I will give a wizard a go tonight.
Old 06-20-2002, 01:04 PM   #25
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanthir:

I love what they did to stop the old let me take all these points from this stat and put them into str who needs to be smart anyway It sort of is a manditory rpg rule to me [img]smile.gif[/img]
I had to recreate my character once because I could not stand what I was getting for dialog with an 8 INT [img]smile.gif[/img]

SPOILER ALERT!!

I sounded like a half-orc fighter not an Elf Ranger [img]smile.gif[/img] Really great attention to detail in this game [img]smile.gif[/img] As per usual with Bioware.
Old 06-20-2002, 01:10 PM   #26
Coradin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I picked up my copy yesterday at EB in Denver. $54.99 and so far worth every penny. Only bummer is that I wont be able to play tonite...stupid real life.
Coradin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 03:13 PM   #27
Lanthir
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hey for all of you buyin git at eb try to get them to give you the beta tool set disk even if you did not preorder. It give you an extra adventur to download from biowear. You need the disk to get the coded password. Bio does nto have the download set up yet but they said they would soon. I think this is also for Best Buy and gamestop customers too.
Old 06-20-2002, 07:30 PM   #28
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Got it!! Woohoo. Actually got it yesterday but it didn't work for me. The cursor would blink constantly and dissappear at times, chop city, and eventual lockup. I had an old Diamond Viper II card in my PC (shut up), so I had to get another video card. Got a Geoforce 4 MX 420 64mb Memory AGP. Was a good deal at a hundred bucks (I just can't afford right now anything too fancy LOL). Game works like a charm now [img]smile.gif[/img]
Whew!

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 09:50 AM   #29
MagiK

Thats good news Lady Z [img]smile.gif[/img] and even the MX version of the GeForce4 is not too shabby a video card [img]smile.gif[/img] (I really liiked the Diamond Viper cards)
Old 06-21-2002, 10:28 AM   #30
Himura
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I got it [img]smile.gif[/img]

After searching through all CompUSA, EB, BestBuy, and a few other stores (2 hours of driving), the GameStop stores (babbgaes, etc) was my savor of the day. I hate to live in "tech" city sometimes, people flooded the place to get new game and geek movies...

Anyway, 10 hours later at 4 am, I realize I need some sleep or my meeting at 9 am will suck and client won't be pleased [img]tongue.gif[/img] It is probably the best game I have played past a few years, I give it 2 thumbs up

as for video card upgrades, Geforce4MX is a pretty good buy, just don't buy the 420. the 440 and 460 should have pretty much same performance as Geforce 3 ti 200 cards.