Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 11:40 AM   #1
Mierkos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Default Vampire question

I went and did it. I made a character a vampire. 2 problems occurred. 1--He didnt get soul drain and 2--when I try to equip the vampire ring the game freezes. Help please.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:59 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

Default Re: Vampire question

The freezing: it's a bug. You cannot do anything with it in the unpatched game. And I am not sure whether the patch fixes it. Sell the ring, it's the best thing you can do with it.
Soul Drain: it's an ability (not a spell). Have you checked your abilities?
Old 09-22-2007, 11:18 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Mierkos!!

In the Best Tips there is a post that explains exactly what the patch does - good and bad.
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 04:18 AM   #4
Woodwose
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm not sure whether to make a character a vampire or not. How quick will he loose HP, compared to the serpent-staff-curse? Do you think, it's worth it? does beeing a vampire mean, he will have to fight with his teeth instead of weapons most of the time?
Woodwose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:09 AM   #5
Radek
Red Dragon

IMO, it's not worth, the drawbacks are more considerable than the advantages, but you can try yoruself
You will be quick in the night but you will be slow in the daylight. You will have to nurse your bloodthirst periodically but not permanently so that you can continue fighting with your favourite weapon. You won't be able to heal, you must be successful with your vampire bite to heal.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:05 AM   #6
Woodwose
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you for the answer, radek (once again).
Still i'm not completely sure about the vamp, but i guess i'll try it, because i'm one of the guys who have to try everything.
(Yes, mum, of course with the exception of drugs! Mum, that's embarrassing! i'm an adult! :icon28
Old 09-25-2007, 04:18 PM   #7
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Welcome to the board.

The crash bug is fixed by the patch.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:54 AM   #8
Woodwose
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Can a vampire be healed in the temple? and can he be resurrected? (In this game, vampires don't seem to be really undead)
Is the vampire ring also to be found in shurugeon castle? Then i must have missed it. Or was it the one, that looked like a second bat-ring? I hope not. I sold this one.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:39 AM   #9
Law
Dungeon Master

It is only in Skull Castle. You can become a vampire in both places but the ring is only in the second.

I believe that you also get "vampire breath" as an attack only in Skull Castle as well.

The vampire ring is enchanted with "Regen" and this slows or stops the hit point drain. You can also create you own Regen ring if you have a character that is trained to do that (in the Wizard Guild).
Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 12:28 PM   #10
Radek
Red Dragon

(1) Vampires aren't undeads in W&W. Get the Crusade trait and kill a vampire. You get the same amount of XP as without the trait.
(2) The Vampire Ring is given by Adrianna in the Skull Castle. The only way of getting the ring is completing her quest and choosing the ring for your reward. You need not become a vampire when you ask the ring. The Vampire Ring looks like a Bat Ring but it is far more expensive. If you have sold it unwillingly then check the shop where you have sold it. You can buy it back.