Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-05-2001, 12:12 AM   #51
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

I still say make more room for my weeds.

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

"I've put my trust in you, pushed as far as I can go. For all this theres only one thing you should know....."
Old 06-05-2001, 05:04 PM   #52
Gaelic
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by ogopogo:
Gaelic... and others... some tips on watering. I am a farmer so I know quite a bit about this. Depending on your soil will depend on how you water. You said your soil is very hard (clay probably) You should try to aireate the soil by taking a tool of some kind (pitchfork or something similar) and punching holes all over so that the water will penetrate better and not run off. When this is done and the ground has been loosened a little you will need longer waterings less fequently. As for light sandy type soils you will want to have shorter waterings more frequently because the water will just run beyond the root zone. If you have lots of rocks in your soil (like where I am) it will still depend on the soil structure as to how to water.
Remember if there is water in the root zone, the roots will not go searching for extra water witch will leave you with a small compact root system. For best results try to keep the soil as evenly moist as much as possible. (but not so wet that the roots rot)
BTW the best fertilizer for grass has N-P-K of 18-4-8 or simalar. Hope this is helpful.
Hey! Thanks! I am planning to aireate in a couple weeks and dethatch in early fall. How does that sound?

------------------
Gaelic