Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2001, 01:21 PM   #11
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

<< spoiler >> Anti-Paladin in the group
I played the Anti-Paladin in my party for about 2 hours last night. I hit only one glitch. At one point, toward the end of the battle with the Shadow Dragon, the Anti-Paladin turned red. I couldn't get him to turn green. He was still in my party, but red. I waited forever, and he never turned back. I couldn't sleep or rest, or anything. I finally dire charmed him and took my party to an area they could sleep in. When everyone woke up, he was red again. I think his morale failed and he reverted back to his true color. I couldn't Ctrl-Q or anything. I was left with having to reload from my last save. Unfortunately the last save was after the dragon was dead, and Kivan (I added him to the party for fun) had been dead beyond resurrection. I chose to lose Kivan rather than the Anti-Paladin.

By the way, the Anti-Paladin had a cool line when you dismiss him from the group. Something like, "You might regret this. I might just go on and finish the game before you."

BTW the name of the character is Anti-Paladin and the class is Paladin. Alignment is Chaotic Evil. I didn't bother changing the name as I thought the use of the Unholy Reaver might be tied to the name rather than the class. I haven't tried naming a Paladin "Anti-Paladin" and then pick up the Unholy Reaver -- gotta try that one later.

I also noted that the Unholy Reaver (+5 two-handed sword) couldn't touch the dragon ("Weapon Ineffective" message). Switching to the Daystar resulted in lots of damage. Otherwise the Unholy Reaver is awesome and the Anti-Paladin is one of the most effective tanks I've ever played.
Old 03-08-2001, 11:06 AM   #12
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

I finally figured out why the Anti-Paladin turned red.

I shot a wand of frost at a group of mephits last night and part of the blast hit the Anti-Paladin. He turned red and stayed in the group.

So I guess the rule of thumb when using Ctrl-Q NPC's is not to use area of effect spells that might harm the Ctrl-Q NPC. The NPC will turn red and, unless someone has some suggested fix, you will have to reload from your last save.

This is the only bug I've come across in 4-5 hours of play. The NPC can be resurrected and healed just as other party members. Just don't hurt them with a PC. BTW this makes Chaotic Commands a VERY important spell.

------------------
"The supreme irony of life is that no one gets out of it alive." Job: A Comedy of Justice
Old 03-13-2001, 11:06 AM   #13
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Just a few additional notes: (I hope I'm not bugging anyone by bumping my own thread)

The Anti-Paladin gets his spell casting abilities back when he levels up. I've leveled twice (from 11 to 13) and he has all of the normal spell casting abilitites.

It's also interesting to note that either the Unholy Reaver or the Githyanki race gives the Anti-Paladin resistance to some mind control spells (charm, and some others -- I haven't compiled a list).

The Unholy Reaver also dispells magic or does magic damage on impact. I occasionally get the message "xxx magic resistance" when attacking xxx creature with the Anti-Paladin wielding the Unholy Reaver.

I'm sorry for the hints and lack of thorough notes. If people are interested, I;'ll look into this in more detail.

------------------
"The supreme irony of life is that no one gets out of it alive." Job: A Comedy of Justice
Old 03-13-2001, 11:20 AM   #14
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Interesting stuff this, shouldn´t one (thoose with the skill of codeing and such) be able to make a scripet like the bonus merchant one for downloading and adding XAn, Branwen to be met for example in Trademeet? just a notion I got. Could be cool to have them if they´re in the game anyway..

------------------

Do electric wolves dream of electric sheep?
Old 03-13-2001, 01:13 PM   #15
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
Interesting stuff this, shouldn´t one (thoose with the skill of codeing and such) be able to make a scripet like the bonus merchant one for downloading and adding XAn, Branwen to be met for example in Trademeet? just a notion I got. Could be cool to have them if they´re in the game anyway..

Yes. All you need to do is CLUAConsole: CreateCreature("Branwe") to get Branwen or ("TTXAN") to get Xan. Then Ctrl-Q them and they enter your party.

You will need to use Shadowkeeper to remove "invisible" rings that prevent them from dying. You can also create Kivan this way, as well as many others.

------------------
Old 03-13-2001, 05:35 PM   #16
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

I found the code to get Xan's moonblade, unforuntly I couldn't remove it from my inventory slot. The code is SW1H13.
Old 03-13-2001, 07:15 PM   #17
Sentinel04
The Magister

Heh what a complex game. I don't even want to think about what insane you guys will be doing once NWN comes out...

------------------

Baldur's Gate and DBZ should combine!