Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-04-2001, 09:42 PM   #1
HavokHound

OK so I found the guarded compound in the Temple district, they said it was private quarters, but I searched anyways, nothing much on floor one.. Is this part of a quest? I had a rogue stone (from the dead ranger) and enetered. or at least that is how i think I entered. I went to second floor and got my arse whipped up like eggs for breakfast. I haven't even come close to winning the battle.. I am level 10 paladin with Minsc, Valgyr, Jaheria, Aeira and Yoshi (Nalia got kidnapped, should I rescue her first?)

Old 02-04-2001, 09:45 PM   #2
Caliton

Dude, that is one of the if not THE hardest battle in the game...forget about it and come back when you are higher level ; ) I did it with an average level of 19 or so

Old 02-04-2001, 09:46 PM   #3
Armisael

Use spells like insect swarm, chaos and emotion, not necessarily in that order, and the battle will be far easier. The only real threat is the fighter with the celestial fury, so make sure he goes down first (use hold person or command).

Old 02-04-2001, 09:48 PM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Entering the guarded compound have nothing to do with the rogue stone (that is for the twisted runes). The guarded compound is suppose to be the slave lord quest, it basically involve you walk into the building, kill the inhabitants and loot. No one in the game will give this quest for you, the real incentive to do this quest (other than for killing sake) is the loot (got some nice treasure on those guys at the 2nd floor).
Old 02-04-2001, 09:58 PM   #5
HavokHound

So, I shouldn't feel bad for getting pasted.. I killed the first floor guys ok... So that is where celestial flury is... Well maybe I will come back. after i take a little boat trip. Maybe I should try and find that dude in red, I sloe to going up.. oh wait no I am not. UGH!>...

Old 05-12-2001, 06:48 AM   #6
Deddard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I was just wondering if I'd done the right thing in there as well.
Spoiler......
IF you want to go and have a fight with them (my main character is around level 14, and others are slightly lower)just go mad on the spells to protect yourself and kick the living daylights out of the monster guys downstairs. I went in with Jan, Aerie, Jaheira, Minsc (and Boo!), Valygar and my main character is a ranger.
Kept Aerie out of the fight, casting spells, and used Jan (he's really low level at the minute - just picked him up) to throw skulls at them!!
After that I wondered around doing other bits of quests and went back in, the only difference was Yoshi instead of Jan.
Went upstairs,no-one crossed the trap line or engaged the enemy except Aerie, gave 'em a couple of blasts of cloudkill from a wand and then everyone WENT BACK DOWNSTAIRS.
This meant that one of the humans and one of the monsters followed me, and I gave them a good kicking. just so happens that one of them had the celestial fury (he didn't have time to use it) -he he he!
As I wasn't sure if this was part of a quest area, I didn't go back upstairs (the guy had an empty potion bottle on him - never seen that before) but if it's not part of a quest, then the rest are in for a butt kicking as well.
Old 05-12-2001, 07:13 AM   #7
Vampire

Hmmm...depends on how many mages you have,
I was able to cast 4 fireballs straight away which made it easier.
Don't move and use good arrows and wands!
Have Keldorn cast True sight!!!!
Old 05-12-2001, 07:20 AM   #8
white heron
Manshoon

I really enjoy that fight.But it can be done at low level.If you use invisibility/stealth ,you can run through the trap and hide in the siderooms where there are secret doors so you can evade them if they follow.I killed them all one time with just one level 10 fighter/mage/thief,a couple of stink clouds,web,and Tuigan bow.Dont be put off.Go and take them out .
-Yeah ,definitely use true sight,that Katya is deadly(backstab) and i consider the most dangerous.

[This message has been edited by white heron (edited 05-12-2001).]
Old 05-12-2001, 02:24 PM   #9
Deddard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sory - should have said lead character was level 10 - dillusions of grandeur there LOL!!
Only had the one true mage (Aerie) Jan was in there at the start, but I didn't use his magic.
Taking the up and downstairs approach seems to be a good approach for many tough guys - divide and conquer!!
Old 05-12-2001, 02:56 PM   #10
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Going back downstairs is the best way to do it, just run upstairs and get back right away.
Make sure there are some traps and summoned monsters right down the stairs.