Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2001, 11:31 PM   #1
Jasonexus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I recently finished BG2. I loved the game so much I bought Icewind Dale. However in IWD you can't remove the borders and I found this unplayable because your party would clear out the fog of war before you could see what was there. Heart of winter fixes this so I bought it just to play the game. So here's the point, I want to play Baulder's Bate but I think it has the same low resolution and non-removeable panels. Can anyone who's played BG1 and BG2 tell me if this is true. Also can you compare the two. I don't want to be disappointed in BG1 but think I would be Because BG2 is so great.
Old 04-09-2001, 12:05 AM   #2
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

nope, as I recall you cannot remouve the panels and Bg1 is a great game I replay it everynow and then but it's hard to get used to the slowness, I usualy can't wait to get the haste spell now in bg1). Personaly I liked IWD (I din't get heart of winter) on this is compared to BG2 IWD seem to have less animation per frame giving it a choppy look untill you get in the game and forget to compare it to bg2. But bg1 is great if you can find it at a bargain it's a great game!
Old 04-09-2001, 12:16 AM   #3
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Apples and oranges, man, apples and oranges. BG1 is really great, and even though it is a little slower, it has a lot more stuff to just wander around and do. Check it out, every where I've been, it's been almost bargain basement, and make sure you get Tales of the Sword Coast, as it is really cool. Check out Durlag's Tower. It's a Thief's nightmare.

------------------
"...and that's the
bottom line, 'cause Robert the Bard says so!"
Robert the Bard TLH
Old 04-09-2001, 09:04 AM   #4
Lord Shield

You're not wrong there. And the end-of-quest Boss is a hard bastard and all
Spoiler
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
and I DONT mean the Demon Knight but what comes later

Old 04-09-2001, 12:12 PM   #5
Rikard

Ehm to bo honest i never removed the boarders in BG2 so that never bothered me
I think the low resolution is irrtating
But some how BG has a very special magic around it that makes it really fun

------------------

Old 04-09-2001, 12:24 PM   #6
Charlie
Lord Ao

Jasonexus, I know what you mean regarding playing without the borders, I too play using the "H" key. I'd recommend trying this to anyone, particularly in some of the dungeons. Using the autopause feature immediately brings the borders back when the game pauses. Despite the borders in both BG1 & IWD I'd still recommend both very highly.

Lord Shield, out of interest which end of quest boss do you mean?

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 04-10-2001, 07:51 AM   #7
Jigster
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I thought the begining of BG was great, and I thought it was a little more happy (if you know what I mean). But on the other hand BG2 has more quests, awesome Items and better areas. sso on the whole both are great.