Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-28-2002, 10:36 PM   #1
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I recently bought this game (yeah, yeah... I'm a little slow ) and finished playing it. It was terrific! I even enjoyed it more than the Monkey Island series (which I loved)

If there's any game that's close to this that you've also had a good time playing, please let me know.

Thanks!
Old 05-29-2002, 03:00 AM   #2
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Right now Im in the middle of Civilization 3. As far as strategy games go this baby is TOUGH. It could get alot tougher but I'm not quite ready for the 4th difficulty level much less the 5th - Deity.

Try it... its rough...

Also try NHL 2002 if you like sports games.
Old 05-29-2002, 03:44 AM   #3
mistral4543

Hmmm, maybe I should give other genres a try [img]smile.gif[/img]

But what about adventure games? Anyone has a good recommendation?
Old 05-29-2002, 03:48 AM   #4
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

The Feeble files game is nice.
Old 05-29-2002, 05:34 AM   #5
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred Blood of the Damned!
Definately one of the best adventure games ever made. I enjoyed it more than TLJ! Plus they sell it at bargain-bin pricing now. So you can't go wrong.

Also, if you can find it you might want to give Discworld 2 a try. An EXCELLENT adventure game set in Terry Pratchett's fantasy world. With Eric Idle providing the voice of Rincewind (The protagonist).

Additionally, the Broken Sword (called 'Circle of Blood' in the States) series is truly superb as well. Very similar gameplay to TLJ. Both games in the series are available at bargain-bin prices. And a third installment is on the way!

Now if only more people would buy/play adventure games. There just arn't enough of them on the market nowadays. Now it's all, FPS shooter this, and action-RPG that. Bah! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Have a good one. And keep up the adventure gaming!
Old 05-29-2002, 05:52 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Grim Fandango.
Old 05-29-2002, 06:36 AM   #7
mistral4543

Thanks, everyone... I will definitely watch out for these
Old 05-29-2002, 07:03 AM   #8
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Waaaaaayeeee back in the day there was an old hex-run game ,with pictures, that was called "The Journey"

I don't think it can run on anything faster than a 100 mhx processor... It was Black and White... I used to play it all the time on the LCIIs, ALL SORTS of stuff was in that game! It's the only game I know of, to date, which had the Starship Enterprise, Godzilla, Freddie Kruger, Jason, Chuckie, Joe Cammel, Ronald Ragon, a John W. Boothe Zombie, Elvis, A fatter Elvis, The queen of England, A pirate ship, A walking talking tentacle, a nerdy guy who wanted to take over the world, a whole bunch of scientists, the Mario Bros., A talking severed head, Hitler Reincarnated Into A Penguin, A weather man, Orcs, Elves, Dwarves, Barbarians, Knights, King Arthur, Sir Lancelot, Joe Damagio, The whole Sesami Street Cast, Babe Ruth, some Martians, some venucians, A catgirl, werewolves, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Leea, Chewy, and the two droids all in ONE BIG GAME Co-hosted by Bill Cosby... make that a person who could immitate Bill Cosby....
YUP games back in the old hex days were awesome!

so what if all you had were black and white still images and text to tell you the story, it was just like playing D&D with a DM saying every word as you go along the way...

oh and who do you play as on this whacky planet called earth?

Why you are... a guy.... in a T shird... and some pants... and that's all thats really important about you... lol

*remembers a part from the game*

"GOD ZIL AAAH!!"

"AAAH! THERE'S A MAN IN THE STREET WITH A CHAINSAW!"

*whiirrrr whirrrrr*

"OH MY GOD IT'S JASON! LOOK AT THE SKI MASK!"

*ROAAAARRR*

*Whirr whirrr*

"THEY'RE GETTING INTO A FIGHT!"

*smash*

*wirrr...errr....*

*ROAAAAAARRR*

"LOOK! UP THERE! IT'S ELVIS! He'LL SAVE US WITH HIS ROUND OF SOUND!"

"BACK FROM HE DEAD OH MY GOD!"

"u-Uh-huh! *Strum* Thank you very much..."

[ 05-29-2002, 07:08 AM: Message edited by: /)eathKiller ]
Old 05-29-2002, 07:07 AM   #9
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Grim Fandango.
Oh yeah! A *big* recomendation for that one.
Old 05-29-2002, 10:40 AM   #10
mistral4543

To Deathkiller --> [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] Too bad I missed that... sounds hilarious! I know I tried the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy one (words only, too, and definitely black and white). That was pretty fun, too