Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-29-2001, 07:45 AM   #31
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

No problem here. I would be more than willing to donate to the betterment
of the site. Credit card would be easy, but I ubnderstand that it costs to recieve the payments that way. So a money order would be the best bet. For
those outside the US you can get International Money Orders, these would be safer than sending cash. Not to mention Zman wouldn't have to get it exchanged. Perhaps you could even buy a new 60gig HD Z!

------------------

The line between good and evil is a razor sharp thing. Be careful of misteps,
as you may find yourself spitted upon your own blade.
Old 06-29-2001, 08:27 AM   #32
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by DawnChaser:

Suggestion:

... for maintaining a less than 40GB/month transfer:

Do not host sigs on your forum site. Graphics transfers involve much more data than a message transfer. Hosting sigs is increasing the transfer rate more than the messages. There are several free options for hosting sigs available on the net.

True, since I found a site that had pics that can show up at this site

I'll behave myself with the pics...

------------------
Old 06-29-2001, 08:58 AM   #33
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
Didn't know that ... You should have told me !
Anyway, Clouddy, keep us informed about how your Forum did it.
Hi Moiraine!

I checked and my other board does it this way. There is a special page for Voluntary donations. It has the address for sending a check/money order and also instructions for transferring funds using paypal. Paypal allows payment directly from a bank acount or credit card. They suggest $15/yr as the average donation, but take anything. Again, it is strictly on a voluntary basis and anyone can use the forums there. They use the donations to offset expenses and keep the number of ads and banners down.

I think Z may have to check all the legal/business ramifications, but other than that, it might be a viable solution to our problem. I mailed him the details in case he thinks it could work. In the long run, I hope to see some system in place that keeps the board up and running smoothly and doesn't cause our Webmeister any headaches of financial problems!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 06-29-2001, 08:58 AM   #34
Zeeke75
Baaz Draconian

Hey guys. There is another solution for sending Z money, if everyone is interested. I use PayPal quite a bit for paying for Ebay auctions, but I also use it to send money back and forth to friends. It's fast, free, and easy to use. And, you can send money from either a checking/savings account or a credit card, so it would allow more flexibility...

Anyway....it's just a thought...for anyone wanting to check out more information on it, here is the link:

http://www.paypal.com

------------------

Always listen to your heart, for it will never lead you astray.
All bow and cower before the Triumvirate!!!
Old 06-29-2001, 09:16 AM   #35
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Just a note: In order to send the kind of money in the quantities Z may get for the board, he may want to set up a special bank account and have the paypal funds sent directly there, rather than have to authorize each transfer from his email account.

In any case, IF he chooses to do this, he will need a Premium account of his own with paypal in order to accept credit card transfers that total more than $100 in any month, as I recently found out in my personal use of the service. This does entail a small transaction fee for all transfers of any kind over a certain dollar amount, but it's minimal.

Hey Z! Bet we're throwing out way more info than you thought you'd have to deal with on a Friday morning!

Cloudy

------------------

Storm-Queen
Old 06-29-2001, 09:36 AM   #36
Moiraine
Anubis

Paypal sounds promising ...

In the meanwhile, I will send Z. some cash, but if he is willing to implement the Paypal stuff, I will be happy to contribute later that way.

------------------

The world is my oyster !
And now I have the knives to open it ...
Old 06-29-2001, 10:56 AM   #37
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

OK maybe I am ignorant of money matters (I do work at a bank ) but how does this paypal thing allow us to send money? Would Ziroc set it up and then give us account information and we send the money or do we send Ziroc our account/credit card info and he deducts the money? Either way I guess that would be cool, in the meantime can I just send a check?

Someone mentioned it already and I agree, that this site has helped me more than any 'cheat' book or manual ever could so a donation of at least that magnitude is in order!

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
Old 06-29-2001, 11:07 AM   #38
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
OK maybe I am ignorant of money matters (I do work at a bank ) but how does this paypal thing allow us to send money? Would Ziroc set it up and then give us account information and we send the money or do we send Ziroc our account/credit card info and he deducts the money? Either way I guess that would be cool, in the meantime can I just send a check?

Moridin

You can set up an account with Paypal online. You can use either a bank account or a credit card to take the funds out of and they get transfered to the person you choose. You indicate their email address or a specific account (paypal/bank). If the other person doesn't have a paypal account they will be asked to create one and can do one of two things, electronically transfer your donation to their bank account or ask paypal to issue them a paper check by mail. This works well for those not in the US as they don't have to mess with converting currencies and can do it all by computer.

I think you may have to have credit cards 'authorized' prior to using them for transfers this way and I know you have to verify your bank info by telling paypal the dates and amounts of small transfers they make to your account to be sure it IS your account.

Cloudy

------------------

Storm-Queen
Old 06-29-2001, 11:34 AM   #39
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Thanks Cloudy!

Sounds like an OK thing for me! I guess until the time it gets set up, I will just send a regular old paper check by snail mail

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
Old 06-29-2001, 01:28 PM   #40
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Paypal is very easy to use and is how I transfer funds to people who don't want to give me their bank account.

Cloudy - Netscape 6 is crap. It has three speeds - slow, very slow and extremely slow.

------------------