Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2001, 03:52 PM   #11
Victor von Steiner
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
Ziroc, maybe we could all pay a little subscription, to help you cope with the expenses of this Board ?

If we did that we would lose people. I would be one of them because if it was to be paid over the net I would not be able to do that because I don't have a credit card but if it was to be mailed in then I could.

------------------
Vampire Lord

I am your Lord.
I dine on the Best.
So come, give me your BLOOD!
Old 06-28-2001, 04:06 PM   #12
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I'd be willing to chip in. Maybe make it a voluntary donation?

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 06-28-2001, 04:07 PM   #13
Moiraine
Anubis

Good point, Victor. I am not suggesting that the contribution be mandatory, otherwise of course we would lose members, and besides, among us, some can afford it and some cannot.

I would like to know the feeling of other members about this, though, because pooling a significant number of small contributions can sum to a fair amount, and ultimately help make a significant difference.

Maybe some of us who can and are willing to do so could mail Ziroc to ask for his postal address, then mail him a small amount of cash ? I already did send cash in a letter before, and the letter was delivered allright.

I'll start - right now !

------------------

The world is my oyster !
And now I have the knives to open it ...

[This message has been edited by Moiraine (edited 06-28-2001).]
Old 06-28-2001, 05:01 PM   #14
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Just want to see if I can post again - WHOOOHOOOooooo. Thanks Ziroc, let's hope things resolve soon, but 40gigs a month!!! Thats like 1.3Gb a day - incredible. (Just had to point the obvious out )
Old 06-28-2001, 06:41 PM   #15
Epona
Zartan

Hooray, I can post!
Ooh, the agony of the last few days, the frustration, the drama!
The sight of me pacing up and down, tearing at my hair and wringing my hands!
OK, perhaps I should get out more!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 06-28-2001, 06:57 PM   #16
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Good point, Victor. I am not suggesting that the contribution be mandatory, otherwise of course we would lose members, and besides, among us, some can afford it and some cannot.

I would like to know the feeling of other members about this, though, because pooling a significant number of small contributions can sum to a fair amount, and ultimately help make a significant difference.

I vote Yes. Address Please?

------------------

Having abandoned my
search for truth, I am
now looking for a good
fantasy.

Thank you to the kind R³
for being such eloquent
& witty spokesmen.
Old 06-28-2001, 07:23 PM   #17
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Hi Moiraine,
I'm brassic at the moment (translation - 'I have no money'), and couldn't pay a regular subscription or anything, unfortunately, but may be able to prise a few quid out of my bank manager's steely grasp for a one off donation...

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 06-28-2001, 07:27 PM   #18
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:

Maybe some of us who can and are willing to do so could mail Ziroc to ask for his postal address, then mail him a small amount of cash ? I already did send cash in a letter before, and the letter was delivered allright.

I'll start - right now !

Moiraine!

Several of us did send donations during that two week time of no server (shudders to remember NO forums at all). And that's how we ended up HERE when we did, so it's not a bad idea.... I need to look into how another forum of mine does it. Takes voluntary donations. NO one has to tell the whole board if they donate or not and how much, all done on board in special section. Now if I can just find time to go there....

Cloudy, off to multi!

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 06-28-2001, 07:31 PM   #19
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

I would be happy to pay a donation - but it would take one hell of a lot of donations to give you $500 a month. This is obviously not going ot be the whole answer.

------------------
There is only one kiwidoc, accept no substitutes

STANDARD OPERATING PROCEEDURE
www.judyhope.co.uk
Old 06-28-2001, 10:30 PM   #20
DawnChaser
Zhentarim Guard

Suggestion:

... for maintaining a less than 40GB/month transfer:

Do not host sigs on your forum site. Graphics transfers involve much more data than a message transfer. Hosting sigs is increasing the transfer rate more than the messages. There are several free options for hosting sigs available on the net.

"Let's start a thread to explore this further!"

------------------

[This message has been edited by DawnChaser (edited 06-28-2001).]